Slow internet speed.

Re: Slow internet speed.

Postby Tallgoast78 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 am

Same problem why you slowing data on us?
Tallgoast78

Postby Jude » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 am

Hi llgoast78. My name is Straight Talk Jude. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Jude

Postby ghost2295 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

I had perfect service with data at 1mb/sec for the first 29 days after switching to straightalk on my iphone4 on july 1st and now I'm calling at least once every other day to customer service because my data is unusable. I've rebooted, checked APN settings and restored my phone to factory and still no answers. Straightalk customer service said my settings weren't provisioned right on their side and that i wouldn't have anymore issues just the other day....guess what? A speedtest shows data is at .06 kbs and basically unusable again! I design iphone apps for a living and had a client yesterday that I was presenting his newly designed app to and was embarrassed and quite possibly lost the sale because the app couldn't pull up any data or even load correctly because of the no data issue. This needs to be fixed before I start a class action lawsuit for breach of contract from straight talk for misrepresentation of data speeds. Any moderators reading this need to contact me ASAP and fix this problem now.

-Scott
ghost2295

Postby Jessica_ST » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Good day, ghost2295. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Slow internet speed

Postby buriq » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm

I get those problems to with my internet at the moment. But considering what has gone on at the moment; Im surprised that my internet still works at all

Is it wireless or ethernet ? Could someone possibly be tapping into your line at all ?
buriq

Postby Charisse » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 am

Hi buriq. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. The data speed for your phone has been reduced because your current data usage levels violate sections 6 and 7 of the Terms and Conditions of service. Your data speed will be returned to normal levels upon your next service cycle. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby H3C7OR » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 am

Hello, same here like other with the same problem. I have a moto atrix, internet was good when i activated this cell phone, but from i week later started to slow. Any clues how to fix this problem ?
H3C7OR

Postby crimsonblades » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi, my internet is so slow now as to be almost unusable. I had the same problem two weeks ago and went through the whole PM system to fix it but the fix only worked for about 5 days. Please either fix the problem or tell me you can't so I can switch to a provider who can. This has made internet access on my phone almost useless for the last month now. What am I paying for?
crimsonblades

Postby Jude » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 am

Hi crimsonblades. My name is Straight Talk Jude. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Jude

Postby lutzbone » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

My data service has completely stopped working. I am using a factory-unlocked iPhone 4. My iPhone shows 5 bars of signal on the "HOME" netowrk but there is no 3G indicator like usual (no "E" or GPRS indicator either) and nothing that uses data (maps, mail, web, etc) works at all. This just happened today. My iPhone has generally worked OK on Straight Talk since April. 3G speed has been a little slow and inconsistent since I moved to Houston, but generally useable. The data just stopped working altogether today.
lutzbone

PreviousNext

Return to Links to Straight Talk service area map and discussions about coverage.