No service in certain areas

No service in certain areas

Postby sheliad » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 am

Would like to know how come my new android phone does not get service when I enter another part of the state. I live in Marked Tree, Arkansas, and when I go to another town such as Newport, Arkansas, Batesville, Ar, anywhere in that general area, I do not have any service at all. I don't think that is very good business, when in Batesville, the Wal-Mart store sales the Straight Talk phones. If you sale them in Walmart stores in any part of the United States, then anyone who buys them should be told that they will not have service in such parts of the states. I think that if you pay that much for a phone, you should be able to use it anywhere. What if I am going to another part of the state and my car breaks down, how will I be able to use my phone if I have no service. I notice that alot of higher dollar phones do the same thing, if they don't work in certain parts of the states, then people should know that before buying them. Please tell me what service straight talk phones are under, such as at/t or verizon or what. I really do like my phone, don't get me wrong, but I am upset that I don't get the service all of the state of Arkansas. Please let me know if there is someway I would be able to receive this service, if I am ever in a tough situation, I would like to be able to use my phone. Thank you.
sheliad

Re: No service in certain areas

Postby Lindsay_ST » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 am

Hi sheliad. My name is Straight Talk Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Lindsay_ST

Postby hrd1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:35 pm

How do I find out if weather is affecting coverage in Cincinnati Ohio. I have not been able to dial out or get calls even though signal bars are strong. I ocassionally get a text
hrd1

Postby marianne » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 am

Hi hrd1. My name is StraightTalk Marianne. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can gather your account information to check your account. I will contact you directly with a private message.
marianne

Postby debw » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Sheliad, can you post in general what the resolution was to this? I am thinking of making the switch to ST but I am afraid of this very situation. Any guidance before I take the plunge would be appreciated. Thanks
debw

Postby NJCarolx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:38 pm

I can honestly say that after having two straight talk phones and tons of trouble, I could not with a clear conscience recommend the service to anyone. I rarely receive calls, signal strengh is weak, have yet to get a wireless connection and can only access the internet when I'm at home...every once in awhile I'll get a signal at work but not very often. I firmly believe this is calculated..hey they make a lot of money promising an inexpensive plan and giving you very little....read the fine print...dont u need to use your phone, outside of your zip code....I know I do
NJCarolx

Postby Timmei » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm

There are times when I don't get service, but they aren't very common. I usually have an easy time getting service!
Timmei

Postby ST - Ashley » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Timmei. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. Let me continue to help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your forum inbox.
ST - Ashley

Return to Links to Straight Talk service area map and discussions about coverage.