Incorrect info on your ST FAQ website page  Topic is answered

Incorrect info on your ST FAQ website page

Postby Coolius » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm

On the FAQ section of the Straight Talk website, it says that ST cannot be used outside the continental USA. I need to know if there is service coverage in Hawaii - my son in the military is being posted there and I need to be able to talk to him frequently. If coverage is available in Hawaii ( I believe it is ) please correct the FAQ. Thank you.
Coolius

Re: Incorrect info on your ST FAQ website page

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 am

Hi Coolius. My name is Straight Talk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. Yes, there is coverage in Hawaii but only for GSM phones or phone model that ends with "G" only. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Stephanie_ST

Postby Coolius » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 am

Stephanie, thank you for your reply. But I am still confused from what you have written. You said that the Hawaii coverage is only for GSM phones - these are the phones that end with a "G". Then you say that it is only for phones that end with a "C", which is a CDMA phone. Now, which of these do you really mean? I have a "G'" phone right now, the Samsung T401G. Can I use that, or do I need to change phones to a "C" model?
Coolius

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 am

Sorry. I have corrected it already. Only GSM phones work in the area and those are phone models ending in "G". You can use the Samsung T401G because that is a GSM phone. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Stephanie_ST

Return to Links to Straight Talk service area map and discussions about coverage.