Can I change my straight talk phone number

Can I change my straight talk phone number

Postby barkriffic » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I am considering changing to straight talk but would like to try the service for 1 - 2 weeks before porting my current phone number from Verizon. Is it possible to change the phone number straight talk assigns/
barkriffic

Re: Can I change my straight talk phone number

Postby Elle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 am

Hi barkriffic. My name is StraightTalk Elle. I will be addressing your concern. Yes, you can port your phone number to your existing Straight Talk phone. To port in your existing telephone number to your Straight Talk phone and obtain wireless service provided by Straight Talk, you (the Subscriber) must agree to the following:
The number you are porting must be active with your current service provider. The port-in process could take up to seven days. If your Straight Talk service remains inactive over 30 days, you will lose your telephone number.
Until the porting process is complete, should you need to call 911 for emergency assistance, you must give the 911 operator your location as the 911 operator will not be able to reach you until the port process is complete. If you switch your home telephone number to Straight Talk, your home telephone service will be disconnected.

To port your phone number, you can visit our website at www.straighttalk.com or by calling our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-2355 for assistance. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. We can also help you here on forum. Our support is available 24/7. Just let us know if you ever need assistance with the port process. Thanks.
Elle

Return to Links to Straight Talk service area map and discussions about coverage.