how do i transfer my number from t mobile?

how do i transfer my number from t mobile?

Postby CCA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 pm

do i have to cancel my t mobile phone first? i need it transferred fast.
CCA

Re: how do i transfer my number from t mobile?

Postby Shelly_ST » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 am

Hi, CCA. My name is StraightTalk Shelly and I will be addressing your question. In order to transfer your phone number to Straight Talk, it should remain active with your current service provider. The port in process will take a few minutes up to two business days. I believe this answer your question. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby Darnell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Transfered 2 lines recently from T-Mobile and it took less than 1 hour for each line.
Darnell

Postby shortduck » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:21 pm

hi Darnell

How is the coverage and data speeds ?

Thanks
shortduck

Postby Darnell » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 am

My devices are both T-Mobile devices that I unlocked. So they have the hardware for T-Mobile 3G/4G, but only 2G with AT&T. I've tried both a Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM and a Staight Talk AT&T SIM just for testing's sake.

The Straight Talk T-Mobile coverage and speeds are exactly what I was seeing when I was a T-Mobile customer. With AT&T, I get coverage in more places, but only at 2G. Where I live has AT&T coverage in more places, so this was the expected outcome. I use T-Mobile for regular use and get a spare SIM for both networks. So when I travel to an area with no T-Mobile coverage for days I can switch over to AT&T's network temporarily and then back to T-Mobile once I'm back home.

Once you stop using a SIM, you cannot reuse it again for your plan. So once you switch from say Straight Talk T-Mobile, to get back on T-Mobile you need a new T-Mobile SIM and vice versa for AT&T SIMs.
Darnell

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.