Trying to change VPN to APN Iphone 3GS

Trying to change VPN to APN Iphone 3GS

Postby siimpleone » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 pm

OK, bought a unlocked Apple iphone (used AT&T) well installing the new Sraight Talk SIM card and the program in the phone has NO options for APN settings (Required by Straight Talk)
The Service Reps @ Straight Talk told me "too bad" oh well, they were no help at all. Except to buy "their" phones......

Anyone sucessfully charge the VPN setting to APN so I can use my new SIM card and service
siimpleone

Re: Trying to change VPN to APN Iphone 3GS

Postby Jennifer_ST » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi siimpleone. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby my77stang » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 am

You have to jailbreak and unlock the phone, then go to unlockit.co.nz and you'll be able to unlock the options which should be in settings/general if memory serves
my77stang

Postby 07CONCRETE » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 am

I am also having the same problem. After 45 minutes on the phone they said they couldn't help me and to contact AT&T. My phone was unlocked by AT&T. How do I change my vpn to apn.
07CONCRETE

Postby Stephanie_ST » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 am

Hi 07CONCRETE. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Please refer to your forum inbox for a message I sent you. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby hapy411 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 am

I too purchased and unlocked and jailbroken used Iphone 3gs. I was able to get the straight talk sim card to work for the phone service, but not for the data service. My phone has a VPN but it looks like it needs to be an APN to work for me. Anyone know the best way to go about changing this?
hapy411

Postby Anne_ST » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 am

Hi hapy411. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby rumpel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:44 pm

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED VPN TO APN SETTINGS ON THEIR IPHONE 4?

I have a legally unlocked Apple iphone 4--not jailbroken-- (formerly I was w/ AT&T, they unlocked the phone as it is out of contract). I installed the Straight Talk SIM card but phone has NO options for APN settings, which Straight Talk requires. They said they cannot help me. Thanks.
rumpel

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi rumpel. My name is Straight Talk Stephanie. Please follow the below instructions to setup your phone's APN settings:

1. Press "Settings"
2. Select "General"
3. Select "Network"
4. Select "Cellular Data Network"

*if this option does not appear, the handset is not Jailbroken
Jailbroken iPhone Standard "Stock" iPhone
The following fields will appear:
• Cellular Data
• APN: att.mvno
• Username: leave this field blank
• Password: leave this field blank
• MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
• MMS Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com:80

• This IP Address must include the MMS Port; otherwise it will not work on the iPhone.
• MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
• MMS UA Prof URL: do not make any changes to this field
• Make sure to delete the current APN on your phone and reboot
Thank you!
Stephanie_ST

Postby mrsduke070112 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

I Just got my straight talk sim today and phone is registered with straight talk now but i have no idea how to change vpn to apn? please help!
mrsduke070112

Next

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.