verizon specific number porting

verizon specific number porting

Postby Kent F » Thu May 24, 2012 11:03 am

Hi-

We currently have "out of contract" service through Verizon and would like to keep our current number as we switch to Straight Talk phone and service.

I have read the general directions on the Straight Talk site for number porting. Seems basic enough, but would like to know more about doing this from Verizon.

Specifically, I am wondering if a pin is necessary when switching from Verizon?

Also, is there anyone who has made the switch from Verizon to Straight Talk who could give point-by-point how you successfully ported your number?

Thanks

Kent
Kent F

Re: verizon specific number porting

Postby Elle » Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Kent F. You can switch your wireless or landline telephone number to Straight Talk Wireless. The number requested to be ported will be checked at the initiation of the transfer process to ensure that the number is active and eligible for porting. Please note that the port-in process for wireless telephone numbers can take up to seven (7) business days and up to 30 days for landline numbers.

You will need to provide some basic information to Straight Talk in order to process your transfer:
• Your name, address, phone number (number to be reached at other than number requested for porting), the last four (4) digits of your social security number and the billing account number of your current service provider.
• Your number must be active in order to transfer it to Straight Talk. The deactivation will happen automatically through the transfer process.
• If you currently under contract with your provider, you might want to check on your status as it relates to any early termination fees, as those fees would still apply.
You can also visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) section on our website: http://www.straighttalk.com/FAQ.

We hope that the information above helps. Let us know. Thanks.
Elle

Postby Kent F » Thu May 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you. I went ahead and ported my number from Verizon. Went very smoothly and was actually completed and working on the new phone within minutes.

Easier than I anticipated.

Thanks Again!

Kent
John 3:16
Kent F

Postby curtandcurlene » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 pm

I wish I could say the same. I went to the straight talk web site, checked the box to port from verizon to new phone. 2 pages later, it went back to the starting point and had assigned a new number to my new straighttalk phone. Now I can't change it on the web site
curtandcurlene

Postby Debbie_ST » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 am

Hi curtandcurlene. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby ST - Cherry » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 pm

curtandcurlene, has your issue been resolved?
ST - Cherry

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.