Poor technical support and service

Poor technical support and service

Postby nuniebowers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

This post is warn others of the poor service and poor technical support I have received while trying to activate Straight Talk on my iPhone. 

Straight Talk could not activate the original sim card they sent to me. I was told by the Straight Talk representative I was sent the wrong type sim card.  Straight Talk then sent me another sim card, in which they were not able to activate that one either.  

Over the course of two weeks I have been on the phone with Straight Talk technical support for approx. 8 hours.  Last night alone I was on the phone for 2 hours and 53 minutes, transferred (escalated) 5 times without fixing the problem.  When I adamantly insisted a refund, Straight Talk offered me 60 days additional service for my aggravation and said the phone would be working within 24 hours.  Additionally, I was told if the phone did not work to call 866-667-6472 with my ticket number, and I would be issued a refund for the sim card purchase and the $135 prepaid service plan.

When, after 24 hours,  the phone still did not work I called the above number and had to sit through another round of attempts by the technical representative while she again tried to fix the problem.  I repeatedly explained that I was told the previous night, and it was suppose to be documented in the notes, that I would not have to sit through another repair process attempt, but I was ignored.  Only after her failed attempts, was I finally offered a refund.

Even then, I was given a refund reference number and told I would be called in 24-48 hours.  

i can't tell you how many time I have had to give my pets name, my zip code, sim card number, etc, etc.  Every time I was transferred I had to reexplain the problem from scratch.  There are many more details of poor treatment in this process, but I will not elaborate any further.

it is my hope this is an isolated event and that other customers are not subjected to this type of poor service and technical support.
nuniebowers

Re: Poor technical support and service

Postby Jhonally_ST » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:28 am

Hi nuniebowers. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.