iPhone 4S with StraightTalk - Data doesn't work - PDP authen

Re: iPhone 4S with StraightTalk - Data doesn't work - PDP au

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue May 01, 2012 1:03 am

Hi sdjm1026. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby sdjm1026 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I do not have a serial number....it is not a straight talk phone...it is an LG Thrill P925
Thanks
sdjm1026

Postby Stephanie_ST » Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi sdjm1026. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. You will need to update the APN settings on the phone for the browser to work. You may refer to your phone's manual on how to do that. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby howiroll » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Straight Talk,

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!!! Allow me to clarify the details. Yesterday I activated a ST sim card, inserted it into a jailbroken iphone 4s. The phone service on the iphone changed to "HOME", and worked fine after a few minutes. I attempted to update the APN via unlockit.co.nz, which added the "3G" symbol to the iphone, but did not fix the data/MMS issue... I then tried TetherMe through Cydia, which did not work. And then I used an iPhone Configuration Utility from my mac, but this did not work either. My head is about to spin off my shoulders!! This is driving me crazy. I tried to un-install the jailbreak back to the 5.0.1 default, but keep getting an error code when attempting.

PLEASE have Debbie, or Betty, or Jennifer, or Dottie, or Anna, or Dorthy, email me ASAP to help remedy this issue.. I too was told by ST customer service to contact ATT... Seriously Straight Talk?!? You are a multi-million dollar business.. You should have the suits sit at the round table and discuss this issue.. OBVIOUSLY telling YOUR NEW customers to call the company they just left is not too smart...
howiroll

Postby howiroll » Sat May 05, 2012 1:36 am

Hello,

ST Jhonally, please PM me to help resolve this issue. If you are unable to contact me, please have someone else contact me.

Thank you.
howiroll

Postby howiroll » Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 am

ST,

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE, AND MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO SPIN OFF MY SHOULDERS.. PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO FIX THESE ISSUES PM ME.. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO STARTED USING ST OVER 6 MONTHS AGO, WHEN IT WAS NECESSARY TO PURCHASE A ST PHONE AND PUT THE SIM IN HIS IPHONE.. HE WAS TOLD THE ACTUAL SIM CARD MUST BE FROM A SPECIFIC NUMBER BATCH TO WORK ON IPHONES.. MAYBE SOMEONE FROM ST CAN CLARIFY THIS, AND IF SO, MAIL ME (AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE) THE CORRECT SIM CARD FOR THE CORRECT PHONE.

A NOTE: I HAVE A RATHER LARGE ONLINE PUBLICATION (AKA BLOG). I HAVEN'T MENTIONED THIS STRAIGHT TALK EXPERIENCE TO ALL MY READERS, AS I STILL HAVE HOPE. IF THIS ISSUE ISN'T FIXED WITHIN THE NEXT 7 DAYS I WILL ABSOLUTELY BE AN EXTREMELY LOUD ONLINE DETRACTOR. THE FACT THAT ST CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TELLING THEIR NEW CUSTOMERS TO EITHER A) CALL ATT B) LOOK IN THE SERVICE MANUAL IS ABSURD...

PLEASE PM ME!!!
howiroll

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 am

Good day, howiroll! Please check your Forum inbox for my message. Thanks for your patience.
Jhonally_ST

Postby debijo » Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I need help too. I have downloaded the configuration utility from Apple, but Field names don't match what is in the ST instructions. I see nowhere to put MMSC, MMS Proxy or MMS Port. Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Debi
debijo

Postby howiroll » Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello Jhonally,

Thank you for the Forum inbox message requesting my serial number. I've tried to reply with the requested information, although I do not have the option to reply, nor do I have the option to create a new message to send you. It says "you have not posted enough to use this heature"... Please explain how I am supposed to reply with the requested information. Thank you in advance.

HowiRoll
howiroll

Postby Anne_ST » Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 am

Hi howiroll. My name is Straight Talk Anne. Please make at least 5 posts to enable private messaging. Thanks.
Anne_ST

PreviousNext

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.