Porting from Tracfone

Porting from Tracfone

Postby cstafford » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I want to port my existing number with Tracfone to my new Straight Talk phone. Is this possible? Also, since Straight Talk is connected with Tracfone, when I activate the phone online do I need to choose "Transfer my number and service from one Straight Talk phone to another" OR "Activate my Straight Talk phone with a number transferred from another company" ?
cstafford

Re: Porting from Tracfone

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi cstafford. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. Yes, that is possible as long as the number is active. This will take within minutes and up to 72 hours. You will have to choose "Activate my Straight Talk phone with a number transferred from another company" if you will do that online. We can also help you here. Just let us know. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby cstafford » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Would it be easier to handle by phone rather than online? I also noticed that to port online from another carrier, I will be required to know my Account Number and Password or PIN. I don't think I have anything like that with my Tracfone since it is prepaid and I add minutes to my phone.
cstafford

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 pm

You can choose from either the two depending on your choice. There is no need to enter the account number and PIN/password since you are porting a number from TracFone. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.