ATT IPHONE

Re: ATT IPHONE

Postby flteng727 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:44 pm

flteng727 wrote:
customer service has been dreadful at best. I have had the same problems and still cant get anyone to answer me here or answer the phone.
Posting to enable PM, please approve
flteng727

Postby flteng727 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 am

flteng727 wrote:
customer service has been dreadful at best. I have had the same problems and still cant get anyone to answer me here or answer the phone.
Post to establish PM, please approve
flteng727

Postby flteng727 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 am

Post to establish PM privileges, please approve
flteng727

Postby ST - Debrah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi bissy07. My name is Straight Talk Debrah. I’m going to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly through a private message. Please make 3 duplicate posts so you can respond to my private message. Thank you.
ST - Debrah

Postby bissy07 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Post for privileges.
bissy07

Postby bissy07 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm

5th post for private messages.
bissy07

Postby bissy07 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Continuing to have problems with Iphone 4s and the vpn to apn. Not sure where to start. Called customer service again with no help!!!!
bissy07

Postby ST - Debrah » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi bissy07. All your posts has been approved. Please check if you are now able to reply to the private message that we sent you. Thanks.
ST - Debrah

Postby ajspencer42 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm

SweatCoder wrote:On ST website they specifically say you do NOT need an unlocked iPhone, as long as it's AT&T iphone.

http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and ran into the same problem. The're no way to do what they say, without going through some other steps that they tell you nothing about. I went through all that, and my iPhone still doesn't work with data.

I just switched my locked AT&T iPhone over to StraightTalk in order to save money. I ordered the micro-SIM from ST. It came in the mail and I installed it in my phone. I bought a month of ST, ported over my number from ATT, and the phone usage works great.

What doesn't work is the data. Wireless is fine, but when I try to use celluar data (with 3G turned On or Off, it doesn't matter), there is no data or Internet working.

I downloaded and installed the iPhone Configuration Utility (from Apple's site) and downloaded this mobiconfig:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pp3p0yb52 ... bileconfig

Once downloaded, with the config utility running, I double-clicked the file, It loaded right into the utility. Then the utility let me install it on my iPhone. On the iphone I was prompted to allow the config thing, and that worked. Everything seemed smooth and good. Only problem is, the data/Internet simply does not work.

When I launch Safari, I always get this error message:

"Could not activate cellular data network. PDP authentication failure." I called StraightTalk and they said to call Apple. I think Apple will not help me with this, since now I'm being subversive by switching from overprice AT&T.

I unlocked mine and my wife's ATT Iphone 4 phones. Her straight talk phone service is working (mine isnt as of yet) and I am trying to get her data and mms working. It wont let me change the APN settings in the cellular section of the phone in settings. How do I get it working?!?! anyone know what I need to do? I tried to call but couldnt get through on the phone. Figured I would try here.
ajspencer42

Postby ajspencer42 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:23 pm

trying to get PM capability so someone can help me set up my MMS and Data settings.....
ajspencer42

PreviousNext

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.