ATT IPHONE

ATT IPHONE

Postby SPFRUSCIONE » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm

CAN I USE AN ATT IPHONE WITH A SIM CARD FROM STRAIGHT TALK? I HATE MY SAMSUNG SMART PHONE.
SPFRUSCIONE

Re: ATT IPHONE

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi SPFRUSCIONE. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. If you have an AT&T, T-Mobile GSM phone or any unlocked domestic GSM phone, you can now activate it with the Straight Talk service by simply buying a SIM card from us (not available in retailers). In order to activate your service, you will need an Unlimited Airtime PIN or a credit card. If you have an active phone with Straight Talk, you can also request to transfer the phone number and service plan as long as the plan is Unlimited to your unlocked GSM phone upon activation. To view the program, please visit www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby sherry » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm

I am having a problem using the internet and MMS. I have the information given to me but it's not the same as my phone. I have the Iphone 3gs and it has VPN not APN and I'm not sure where to put the information given to me on the card that was send with it. Also I can't send pic (MMS) and I don't have a clue yet how to tackle that issue.
Please help me. I know there is a way I just need the right information to put in the right spots.
Sherry
sherry

Postby rnfarley » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:07 pm

how am I supposed to change the network settings APN and etc on the iphone4 since they're all locked? Does the phone have to be unlocked to use mms and internet?
rnfarley

Postby Stephanie_ST » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 am

Hi sherry and rnfarley. The phone has to be unlocked and you will need to update the APN settings on the phone for the MMS and browser to work. You may refer to your phone's manual on how to do that. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby SweatCoder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:58 pm

On ST website they specifically say you do NOT need an unlocked iPhone, as long as it's AT&T iphone.

http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and ran into the same problem. The're no way to do what they say, without going through some other steps that they tell you nothing about. I went through all that, and my iPhone still doesn't work with data.

I just switched my locked AT&T iPhone over to StraightTalk in order to save money. I ordered the micro-SIM from ST. It came in the mail and I installed it in my phone. I bought a month of ST, ported over my number from ATT, and the phone usage works great.

What doesn't work is the data. Wireless is fine, but when I try to use celluar data (with 3G turned On or Off, it doesn't matter), there is no data or Internet working.

I downloaded and installed the iPhone Configuration Utility (from Apple's site) and downloaded this mobiconfig:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pp3p0yb52 ... bileconfig

Once downloaded, with the config utility running, I double-clicked the file, It loaded right into the utility. Then the utility let me install it on my iPhone. On the iphone I was prompted to allow the config thing, and that worked. Everything seemed smooth and good. Only problem is, the data/Internet simply does not work.

When I launch Safari, I always get this error message:

"Could not activate cellular data network. PDP authentication failure." I called StraightTalk and they said to call Apple. I think Apple will not help me with this, since now I'm being subversive by switching from overprice AT&T.
SweatCoder

Postby beachbrat29 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Im lost as well. help me I have the same exact issue
beachbrat29

Postby Jhonally_ST » Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 am

Hi SweatCoder and beachbrat29 . My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby Isaacrios1125 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 pm

I have an iPhone 4 with straight talk jail broken and Internet will not work even with different apn changes...very frustrating and not worth the switch if I can't get data
Need help
Isaacrios1125

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Isaacrios1125. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Next

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.