No data network with iPhone 4s

No data network with iPhone 4s

Postby willindeed » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

When I try to go online with my iPhone 4s I receive message, "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." Since I am paying straight talk nearly $50 a month I was assuming that I was subscribed to a cellular data service. I, for one, am not happy that I pay straighttalk a goodly amount of dough and yet do not receive a goodly amount of service. Wifi is OK, MMS is OK but cellular data is non existant. Please help. Soon.

Will Scoggins
willindeed

Re: No data network with iPhone 4s

Postby ST - Kyle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi willindeed. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Mark71 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm

I am working on my 5. Having same issues on Iphone 5
Mark71

Postby ST - Kyle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Mark71. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby ttfii » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 5. I spent nearly $800 getting everything all fine and dandy and what do I get? A couple days worth of data before it completely disappeared. I've been without data for a week now. I've called a couple times but customer service is of no help whatsoever. I've updated the APN settings, I did the *22890 steps, I've tried everything I could find.

I think a lot of people are being cheated with this whole plan. I bought two months in advance thinking I'd be golden. Something that nearly every carrier offers shouldn't be such a pain to keep in order. One of the times I called, the person said they weren't equipped to troubleshoot iPhones and had someone call me back. Did ST just go into this completely blind? In any case, if I don't have this problem resolved in the next couple of days, I'm returning the phone.

Also, I'm going to post this five times in a row because of the ridiculous rule they have here. Don't mind me.
ttfii

Postby ST - Kyle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi ttfii. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby zackepoo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 pm

i am having same problem with jailbroken iphone 4. this is the second time my data has been completely shut off, the first time i called tech support and they fixed it with no problem, this time however they told me i need to factory reset my phone and update it to newest ios. reluctantly i did this. my jailbreak is now gone and no way to edit apn settings, i knew this would happen and argued with the tech support agent for almost any hour over this problem. anyways my phone is factory reset and updated, i hopped over to unlockit website from wifi and loaded apn profile and still no data. i'm no stranger to iphones and i'm aware there is jailbreak option for ios 6.1 now but only want that as last resort. tech support agent could not fix my problem til phone was "new again" and now it is so what do i do now. ive been without data on my phone for a couple weeks now, switching to straight talk and their "unlimited" data is probably the worst decision anyone can make.
zackepoo

Postby jahney » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I am having same issue. I know it works because it did work fine up until a couple of weeks ago.
jahney

Postby ST - Kyle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi jahney. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby arobsum » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm

don't use straight talks settings...they are not quite right. use these settings on your jailbroken I phone....

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMS
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:

good luck.
arobsum

Next

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.