Google Voice -- Conditional Call Forwarding Error

Google Voice -- Conditional Call Forwarding Error

Postby procon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 am

I'm having mixed results setting up conditional call forwarding (CCF) -- can you please provide guidance on this voodoo feature? CCF is required to use a different service, like Google Voice, for voicemail. These 3rd party voicemail services provide a great substitute for visual voicemail, which can't be used on with Straight Talk anyway.

I switched two iPhone 4s from AT&T to Straight Talk (ST). On one, which I had previously used with Google Voice, conditional forwarding worked immediately. On the second it won't work.

For the second phone, there are about six errors on the screen, the first two being "error performing request, unknown error" and "setting activation failed, voice call forwarding, all conditional calls". I'm using the code that Google Voice provides for AT&T: *004 [the number] and #. Again, that worked fine for one phone, and based on the fact that both have 3G service, I'm pretty sure both are AT&T sims. I've restarted the phone and given it 24 hours, and tried disabling call forwarding before reenabling it, but still no dice.

Does anybody have any advice? I'm happy to delve into the nitty gritty of APN settings if that would help.

Thanks so much!
procon

Re: Google Voice -- Conditional Call Forwarding Error

Postby skryptkitty » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm

I just moved from ATT w/Samsung Galaxy S Captivate to ST and cannot get the Google Voice to set up *004* Google voice mail $. I get err "yoru call cannot be completed as dialed check the number and dial again"

Even going into the CCF nothing worked.

need GV due to hearing challanges
skryptkitty

Re: Google Voice -- Conditional Call Forwarding Error

Postby Fixins13 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 am

I had to change my APN setting on my iPhone 4 before I could get the *004* conditional call forwarding trick to work. I attached the settings as I have them now. See if they work for you. I do have my phone jailbroken and I installed a $5 program called TetherMe so I could edit the APN settings. The 2 things that are different is having att.mvno under Visual Voicemail heading and taking the :80 off of the MMS proxy. I don't think the MMS Proxy is related but mine seemed to work better without specifying the port. I made the mistake of calling ST's customer service who explained to me how I could set up their voicemail by pressing and holding the number 1.
Attachments
apn_1.jpg
apn_1.jpg (76.32 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Fixins13

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.