blocking a certain number

blocking a certain number

Postby koolbreeze » Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 pm

does anyone know how to block a certain number.. I have an ex that wont leave me alone....
koolbreeze

Re: blocking a certain number

Postby Jennifer_ST » Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi koolbreeze. We regret to inform you that all Straight Talk phones do not have the feature to block phone numbers. To stop receiving unwanted calls or text messages, you may have your phone number changed. However, changing your phone number does not guarantee that you will no longer receive unwanted calls or text messages. To change your phone number, please contact our customer care department at the phone number 1-877-430-2355 or you we can assist you here. On the other hand, you may visit the FTC's Do Not Call Registry website: https://www.donotcall.gov to protect you from unwanted calls and text messages. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby jdog7 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 pm

You don't have to block the number. This is what I do for bill collectors, etc. : Save their number, and then set their ringtone to NO RING.

After that, the worst she can do is make your phone vibrate a little, and then there will be a beep signifying a message....
jdog7

Postby tomcatn75 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:39 am

Since you cannot block your ex from calling/texting your cell, call your local law enforcement agency and make a police report - as this is STALKING and HARASSMENT and is ILLEGAL. It should be reported to begin documenting his/her actions in order to build a case against them if it is needed later for an ORDER OF PROTECTION or for PROSECUTION purposes. DO NOT take this matter lightly. Ex's can (and do) do very bad things. Locally we recently had an ex boyfriend murder his ex girlfriend and her 3 young children. She obviously didn't take him as a serious threat. DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE. Play it safe and stay alive...
tomcatn75

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.