Service Disabled?

Service Disabled?

Postby tanner1913 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 am

Can someone please help me? For some reason my phone is telling me that my service is disabled and I have no idea what to do about it..I join the forum so i could ask someone b/c my phone won't let me do anything that you need service for..it just says service disable and i have atleast 15 days left on my past $45 service card. I am so mad at straight talk right now they light to me and told me that the lg900 would work just as good as my old straighttalk phone and as sooon as i get it i find out its networked through sprint instead of verizon..so pretty much if you dont have verizon in my area your not going to get service everywhere you go like i did on myold phone...thats the whole point of a cell phone for me is to have access to somebodyelse at all times. Can someone please help me w/ this predicament i cant even send a text message and i just checked my service runs out o the 18th of his month so it should not be disabled! Please help? tanner1913
tanner1913

Re: Service Disabled?

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 10:44 am

Hi tanner1913. My name is Straight Talk John. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
John

Postby stuser » Sun May 06, 2012 10:27 pm

I also had my service disabled as of today. We are 3 days away from our unlimited plan auto refill date. I purchased this phone for my Aunt, just shy of 60 days ago. She is over 70 and travels our state house-sitting for friends as a way to stay active. She was in our area, as she had been many times in the last 60 days, and suddenly the phone wouldn't work. I asked her to power it down and back up. Same thing. I asked her to power it down and remove the battery and put it back in - same thing. I contacted straight talk technical support, and they said that I had to have the phone in front of me so that we could solve the problem. So I drove 20 miles up to where my Aunt was staying and then called technical support back. The Straight Talk Technical person then asked if I was in the zip code where the phone was activated, I told her no. She said the phone would only work in that zip code. I was flabbergasted. I explained that her phone had been working just fine over the last nearly 60 days in various areas throughout our state, and that all of a sudden, today - it says, "No Service". The Straight Talk Service Tech, said that per the contract, they are not required to provide service outside of the activation zip code. My final replay was, "So you sold us a glorified cordless phone, that can only be used near home...." I've since reviewed the Straight Talk Website and contract. The website plainly states - "Nationwide" coverage with a picture of the US map. The contract allows for Straight Talk to modify someones service, at their discretion. I am unable to see the usage in our account, we don't have access to that information, I can't determine why Straight Talk changed the service, or throttled it back to only include certain towers. But I guess my 70+ year old aunt must talk too much for an unlimited plan.

Based on my experience with Straight Talk Technical Support today, I'm researching doing business with one of the big 3 carriers directly. It would be greatly appreciated if someone at Straight Talk would take the time and explain to me what happened with her account and if there is anything that can be done to rectify this situation. BTW, driving a round trip of 40 miles so that I could have the phone in front of my face did absolutely no good - as we weren't in the correct zip code.

Thanks!
:cry:
stuser

Postby stuser » Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I also had my service disabled as of today. We are 3 days away from our unlimited plan auto refill date. I purchased this phone for my Aunt, just shy of 60 days ago. She is over 70 and travels our state house-sitting for friends as a way to stay active. She was in our area, as she had been many times in the last 60 days, and suddenly the phone wouldn't work. I asked her to power it down and back up. Same thing. I asked her to power it down and remove the battery and put it back in - same thing. I contacted straight talk technical support, and they said that I had to have the phone in front of me so that we could solve the problem. So I drove 20 miles up to where my Aunt was staying and then called technical support back. The Straight Talk Technical person then asked if I was in the zip code where the phone was activated, I told her no. She said the phone would only work in that zip code. I was flabbergasted. I explained that her phone had been working just fine over the last nearly 60 days in various areas throughout our state, and that all of a sudden, today - it says, "No Service". The Straight Talk Service Tech, said that per the contract, they are not required to provide service outside of the activation zip code. My final replay was, "So you sold us a glorified cordless phone, that can only be used near home...." I've since reviewed the Straight Talk Website and contract. The website plainly states - "Nationwide" coverage with a picture of the US map. The contract allows for Straight Talk to modify someones service, at their discretion. I am unable to see the usage in our account, we don't have access to that information, I can't determine why Straight Talk changed the service, or throttled it back to only include certain towers. But I guess my 70+ year old aunt must talk too much for an unlimited plan.

Based on my experience with Straight Talk Technical Support today, I'm researching doing business with one of the big 3 carriers directly. It would be greatly appreciated if someone at Straight Talk would take the time and explain to me what happened with her account and if there is anything that can be done to rectify this situation. BTW, driving a round trip of 40 miles so that I could have the phone in front of my face did absolutely no good - as we weren't in the correct zip code.

Thanks!
:cry:
stuser

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 am

Hi stuser. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Discount UGG Shoes

Postby thnorthfacemen » Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

thnorthfacemen

Postby debw » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 pm

stuser, did you get your aunt's phone issues taken care of? This is one of my biggest questions is if you are away from home, do you have service? And here I thought my main issue would be if there was roaming but now seeing your post I am worried about having any service away from my home zip. If you can let me know what you found out, I would appreciate it because I want to make sure I know all of the facts before making the switch. Thanks
debw

Postby shogunjavi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:37 am

I also am having this problem. I have tried calling customer service they apparently have been busy all day so i haven't had any way of fixing this problem. this is my work phone and i am pretty much livid at this point!!!!!
shogunjavi

Postby Anne_ST » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:49 am

Hi shogunjavi. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby subu64 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am

Wow, seems like there should be a public reply by Straight Talk to this problem rather than to "take it offline" because it sounds like several would like this question answered. I am also very curious as to the outcome of this problem and if this is going to be an ongoing issue. If so, then I will NOT be switching to Straight Talk. I understand that my zip code is going to be where my primary usage will be, however, I want to be able to go to other zip codes and be able to use my phone. Another problem, when I type in my zip on the Walmart web site, it says that the LG 900 is compatible in my area. From what I gather, it is an AT&T phone and we only have Verizon, US Cellular and Viaero cell carriers in our area, I would like clarification on this. I have heard that the Walmart site does give many false positives for compatible phones.
subu64

Next

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.