Samsung galaxy note APN settings

Samsung galaxy note APN settings

Postby tarnue44 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:55 am

I really need help with this one. I just bought an ATT Samsung galaxy note i717 to use with Simple Mobile. Unfortunately, simple mobile data speed was edge and so slow that I decided to go with Straight Talk. I got the Straight Talk sim card last night and immediately pop it in my galaxy note. Signal strength looks excellent, call quality was also great.

My excitement ended when I decided to set up my data through the APN. Unfortunately, when I open the APN tab, ATT appears but when I try editing so as to make the necessary changes, the APN cannot be edited!! I have tried everything and now am at a lost! I have called ST and they say it should work since infact my phone is an ATT phone. This phone is also unlocked. When I place the simple mobile sim card in the phone, I can definitely edit T-Mobile in the APN settings. I called Samsung Customer service, and was told that Straight Talk is not part of their support network and that the problem is from Straight Talk. I later took the same sim card and placed it in my wife's phone which is an ATT unlocked Samsung galaxy S, yet I encountered the same problem. Worst case scenario is I took the 3 months plan last night and now it's so frustrating. Can someone from Straight Talk please tell me this sim card is not corrupted!!

I really need answers.

Please people, I really need help configuring this problem. Any help out there will be highly appreciated!!

Kormasah7410
tarnue44

Re: Samsung galaxy note APN settings

Postby Jessica_ST » Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

Good day, tarnue44. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby edfx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:44 am

Jessica,

I have the same issue... can you please clue me in ?

Thank you.

Edfx
edfx

Postby Sophie_ST » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:49 am

Hi edfx. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby edfx » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Thx Sophie..

I cant respond to PM s yet here as I just signed up and that feature isnt available.

Do please email me direct or send me your email.

Thank you.
edfx

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:58 am

Good day, edfx! You may need to participate more by posting 5 messages here to enable your private messaging feature. Thanks.
Jhonally_ST

Postby edfx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Message #3
edfx

Postby edfx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Why cant you just email me to my email like originally stated.. I have my SIM card and IMEI # etc.. and want to get it rolling?

Why such a restrictive forum? Cant respond to PMs? yet you PM me ??? Say you wills end to my email but don't.. is it just me that thinks there is something wrong here? Is anyone thinking?
edfx

Postby edfx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 pm

message # 5
edfx

Postby edfx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 am

why dont you post my replies???

You are doing your brand a great disservice by the lack of attention and intelligence displayed in this forum.
edfx

Next

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.