Service Not Available (Cause Code: 97)

Service Not Available (Cause Code: 97)

Postby Anon E. Mouse » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Activated my service and new phone this weekend, and everything was working great until today. My phone is not receiving text messages or calls, and when I attempt to send a text message the phone works on it for a while and then says: Service Not Available. (Cause Code: 97). Additionally, when I attempt an outgoing call, I get a recorded message that says 'Unable to complete your call' and to please contact your service provider. When someone tries to call me they get a message that says 'The person you are trying to reach has the number changed, is disconnected, or no longer in service'.

I have been using this phone with great satisfaction since Saturday the 8th of this month (four days ago) and all in the same area. It was working great when I went to bed last night, and then not working this morning. I have shut the phone off and turned it back on to no avail. Additionally, I have removed the battery for several minutes on two different occasions, also to no avail.

What does the cause code mean, and how do I get my phone working again?
Last edited by Anon E. Mouse on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anon E. Mouse

Re: Service Not Available (Cause Code: 97)

Postby Anon E. Mouse » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm

ummm...anybody home?
Anon E. Mouse

Postby Debbie_ST » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 am

Hi Anon E. Mouse. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby Anon E. Mouse » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Having the same issue again. This is the third time, now. Getting ridiculous.
Anon E. Mouse

Postby cookies82 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:30 pm

sounds ridiculous. any help so faR?
cookies82

Postby Debbie_ST » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 am

Hi cookies82. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby Debbie_ST » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 am

Hi Anon E. Mouse. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.