iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

Postby lenciso » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:54 am

Just updated my iOS to 6.1 and now lost my data again. How many times is this going to happen? I did notice that the Carrier now is TFW 14.0 instead of TFW 13.1. Everything else looks the same. How do we fix this? Anyone else having this issue? I've bought my phone from Walmart with StraightTalks service. Not sure why they are having so many issue.
lenciso

Re: iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

Postby lenciso » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone else having this issue?
lenciso

Postby rdebruyn1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

How did you set your APN settings when you originally set the phone up. The odds are you will have to go throught that process again. I just updated iPhone 4 and had to reset my APN to get data and MMS
rdebruyn1

Postby dreammessenger » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm

lenciso wrote:Just updated my iOS to 6.1 and now lost my data again. How many times is this going to happen? I did notice that the Carrier now is TFW 14.0 instead of TFW 13.1. Everything else looks the same. How do we fix this? Anyone else having this issue? I've bought my phone from Walmart with StraightTalks service. Not sure why they are having so many issue.

Did you buy the iPhone 5 from Walmart? Did it already have the APN settings installed by Straight Talk?
dreammessenger

Postby lenciso » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

With the iPhone that you get from Walmart you don't need to use the APN changer. I actually just called and had them transfer my number back to my sim card so I can use GSM instead of CDMA (which has been nothing but headaches). I tried it on another SIM card that I cut down and it worked fine with the APN changer.
lenciso

Postby mharbeson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 pm

can you confirm - you purchased your phone from walmart (st iphone 5)

and, you can activate it on the ST SIM network (att or tmobile sim?)

and, does that network run 4g / LTE instead of 3g on that iphone?
mharbeson

Postby lenciso » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm

mharbeson wrote:can you confirm - you purchased your phone from walmart (st iphone 5)

I did purchase the Walmart ST iPhone 5. The iPhone that you purchase through them actually runs on Verizon's network therefore no nano sim card. It also does not run on the LTE network it will actually show up as TFW (TrackFone Wireless) 3G. I've ran into so many problems with the data on this network that I just took my old sim card from straight talk and cut it down to just the contacts and the notch (do not cut the metal at all!) filed it down a little (using a nail file works fine) and snapped it into the nano sim card slot. Right away it registered to the HOME network at 4G. Had to use the APN changer which is fine since I've used it before and I've had no problems since 4:45 PM EST here (right now it is 8:15). Just wish they would have fixed the iPhone 5 problem out of the gate.
lenciso

Postby Slowrider5 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm

lenciso wrote:
mharbeson wrote:can you confirm - you purchased your phone from walmart (st iphone 5)

I did purchase the Walmart ST iPhone 5. The iPhone that you purchase through them actually runs on Verizon's network therefore no nano sim card. It also does not run on the LTE network it will actually show up as TFW (TrackFone Wireless) 3G. I've ran into so many problems with the data on this network that I just took my old sim card from straight talk and cut it down to just the contacts and the notch (do not cut the metal at all!) filed it down a little (using a nail file works fine) and snapped it into the nano sim card slot. Right away it registered to the HOME network at 4G. Had to use the APN changer which is fine since I've used it before and I've had no problems since 4:45 PM EST here (right now it is 8:15). Just wish they would have fixed the iPhone 5 problem out of the gate.

OK, this answers my question from the other thread where I asked you if you had a ST iPhone. However, since you did this, doesn't it mean you will no longer use the VZ carrier network and are instead on the AT&T carrier network? That's a problem for me because I need the VZ carrier network to get signal at work.
Slowrider5

Postby calcp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:40 am

I'm having the same problem with my Straight Talk iPhone 5 from Walmart. Initial problems with data when it was setup, then after hours of phone support got it working for several days. Then the iOS 6.1 update ruined it. Spent hours on the phone again with Straight Talk support, completely factory resetting the phone multiple times, but no success. They seem to have no idea what to do. I also have the TZW 14.0 Carrier and the support person seemed to think that was a problem, but had no idea how to get back to 13.1 (assuming that's the real problem.)
calcp

Postby Jhonally_ST » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 am

Hi calcp. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. If you are new to this Forum, please participate in any thread by creating at least five posts to enable your private messaging feature. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Next

Return to Service Plan Options