Phone won't re-activate

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

Phone won't re-activate

Postby otakusrevenge12 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Yesterday was was my service end date, added a new unlimited plan today. Should have been easy, but its been well over an hour and several calls to customer service and the phone wont reactivate. The website says 'activation in progress, wait 5 minutes and make a test call'. Every time I make a test call it says my phone has been deactivated and needs a service plan added. Customer service was no help and told me it could be 24 hours or more for it to activate. This has never happened before and my fiance needs the phone for work assignments, so no phone=no work. What do you suggest I do now?
otakusrevenge12

Re: Phone won't re-activate

Postby ST - Katie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi otakusrevenge12. My name is ST Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Katie

Postby ddjohn3w » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:03 pm

My phone is doing the exact same thing his isn't doing. My phone won't reactivate with ST. I was told to wait 5 minutes to make a call and if my phone was unsuccessful at completing a call to wait an hour, turn the phone off, turn it back on immediately then try to make a call.

After an hour passed, I tried the steps listed above and my phone still wont reactivate. The customer service rep said to try every hour until the phone reactivates. It's been well over 24 hours and I'm still phoneless. I wish someone would help me with this.
ddjohn3w

Postby ST - Katie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi ddjohn3w. My name is ST Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Katie

Postby kaseyfrey1011 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm

My phone just won't work.
kaseyfrey1011

Postby Jessica_ST » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi kaseyfrey1011. Your concern has already been addressed. Thank you for your patience. Should you have any concerns with your Straight Talk service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Bleachmetal » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 am

im having the same problem. its been 24 hours and still nothing. we are paying $ here and what are we getting nothing >< .. help us!!
Bleachmetal

Postby Jude » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:05 am

Hi Bleachmetal. My name is Straight Talk Jude. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Jude

Postby Charis.K » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 pm

I have the same issue..

I first got my Straight Talk up and running at December 1, 2012. My story has the following three phases:

Phase 1:
At December 31, 2012, I went to Straight Talk Website, used the Refill on Demand option, got charged $45 on my card. But, every time I tried to place a call at January 1 I was getting a message that "my phone has been de-activated and if I wanted to activate again I could my credit card over the phone". I decided not to do the "over the phone activation" hoping that the Dec. 31st money would finally activate my phone.

Phase 2:
At January 2, and since I was in a trip and needed my phone, I decided to do the "over the phone activation", hoping that my phone would immediatelly activate. I used my card, got charged $45 and still every time I tried to call I was getting a "your phone has been de-activated" message.

Phase 3:
As I said, I needed my phone so at January 3 I went to a Walmart, bought a $45 service plan card, and used it over the phone. Still, nothing worked.

So, I spend around $150 and for the last four days I am not having phone. When I login to my account it says that my "service End Date" is April 1st. That means that my money - $150 are billed to my account.

I just have no idea what to do in order to re-activate my phone. My account has money but no phone service.. can anyone help me please?

P.S.: Don't tell me to call the 877... number. I don't think I have any more patience left to hear the "due to high call volumes..." message and get my call terminated.
Charis.K

Postby Charis.K » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I have the same issue..

I first got my Straight Talk up and running at December 1, 2012. My story has the following three phases:

Phase 1:
At December 31, 2012, I went to Straight Talk Website, used the Refill on Demand option, got charged $45 on my card. But, every time I tried to place a call at January 1 I was getting a message that "my phone has been de-activated and if I wanted to activate again I could my credit card over the phone". I decided not to do the "over the phone activation" hoping that the Dec. 31st money would finally activate my phone.

Phase 2:
At January 2, and since I was in a trip and needed my phone, I decided to do the "over the phone activation", hoping that my phone would immediatelly activate. I used my card, got charged $45 and still every time I tried to call I was getting a "your phone has been de-activated" message.

Phase 3:
As I said, I needed my phone so at January 3 I went to a Walmart, bought a $45 service plan card, and used it over the phone. Still, nothing worked.

So, I spend around $150 and for the last four days I am not having phone. When I login to my account it says that my "service End Date" is April 1st. That means that my money - $150 are billed to my account.

I just have no idea what to do in order to re-activate my phone. My account has money but no phone service.. can anyone help me please?

P.S.: Don't tell me to call the 877... number. I don't think I have any more patience left to hear the "due to high call volumes..." message and get my call terminated.
Charis.K

Next

Return to Service Plan Options