iMessage

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

iMessage

Postby maddy4 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:51 am

hey i just activated an iphone4. i have everything working except iMessage! other iPhones don't recognize me as an iPhone. my messages appear in green instead of blue! just curious as to why!
maddy4

Re: iMessage

Postby sheen sheen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:25 pm

I had imessage working originally when I first got ST. I used tetherme to get data to work. I had to restore and reinstall everything on my iphone but imessage stopped working. My data is on and working, just imessage always fails and facetime never has worked. Other then those two things everything else has been sweet.
sheen sheen

Postby jacobslive » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 pm

maddy4 wrote:hey i just activated an iphone4. i have everything working except iMessage! other iPhones don't recognize me as an iPhone. my messages appear in green instead of blue! just curious as to why!

Make sure that you can browse internet via safari on your iPhone without WiFi. iMessage require internet connection, either WiFi or cellular. To enable iMessage your number need to be registered with Apple server. This is an automatic process. Go to settings->Messages and turn off and turn on iMessage. It may take a while to enable iMessage on your phone with the ST (AT&T) number. Some time it take hours. If you are unable to connect to internet without WiFi, you need to install a profile by going to http://www.unlockit.co.nz with your wifi connection. Follow the instruction on the phone and select Straight Talk as service provider from the list (if you have not done it already!)
ISP: Comcast |Cable: Comcast | VOIP: VOIPo | Cellphone: StraightTalk
jacobslive

Postby robbb91 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I am having the same issue with my 4S. I cant use internet or imessage. help please.
robbb91

Postby Debbie_ST » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:13 am

Hi robbb91. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby JD8895 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Imessage worked fine for me on my 3GS, but when I got my 4S it is stuck on the activation. I have tried many things, including letting it sit overnight. At which point it says activation failed. I have tried talking to ST on the phone, which only leads to more frustration because they can't seem to grasp that my phone works, i get messages and data and calls just fine. They want me to call apple, which I think will be pointless if it has something to do with a block on international messages or whatever. It bothers me that it worked fine with the same sim on an older phone but now it doesn't on a newer phone.
JD8895

Postby ST - Catherine » Tue May 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Good day JD8895. My name is Straight Talk Catherine. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Catherine

Return to Service Plan Options