streaming music

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

streaming music

Postby lotofjag » Sun May 27, 2012 4:27 pm

do you support streaming music like from the pandora app? if so, do you slow down the connection speed like other carriers? What is the current connection speed and what does it slow to? Or do you not support streaming music from pandora? on the unlimited plan how many texts a month is considered to be disruptive to the network? Thank you for your time, I need the answers I seek before I can decide to sign up with straighttalk or stay with my current carrier.
lotofjag

Re: streaming music

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 am

Good day, lotofjag! My name is StraightTalk Jhonally and I will be addressing your question. Streaming music is supported through wifi. If you have access to wifi and if your phone is wifi-capable, you can stream music from pandora. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby lotofjag » Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 am

Please don't avoid answering my questions, answer them all. If I stream music let's say for 4-5 hours a day at work, will I be considered disruptive to the network? Next question, what is the connection speed, 4g, 3g, or 2g? Last question, how many texts is considered disruptive to the network? It is a valid question so I can keep track before I get shut down. Please answer ALL of my questions!! Thank you for your time.
lotofjag

Postby toad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Good luck getting answers to questions like that.

Its a mystery. Expect no less.
toad

Postby fathead » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:44 pm

I think 2gb per 30 days is the max data ... stay below this and you should be fine. If you use an android phone there is an app called 3g watchdog which will help you stay within limits. Voice and text are generally not a problem.
fathead

Postby daninboulder » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 pm

yeah, good luck getting a "straight" answer. But from just reading around, it seems that 2gb/month and 100mb/day is what is allowed. Once site even says 4gb but I'm not trusting that. I do all my downloading at work or a wi-fi hotspot (works great on the Proclaim with aDownloader). I use 3g Watchdog app to monitor my use, works great. I have streamed Pandora via 3g when I forgot my mp3 player, works great but not sure of the amount used. Do a GIS and you'll find some answers
daninboulder

Postby HarryNutz » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 pm

This is the kind of BS that pisses me off. For what reason do they want to hide the amount of data your allowed to use per month? And what kind dirty underhanded company places a DAILY restriction on top a freakin monthly one? ST is a freakin joke. Sucks that Virgin Mobile doesnt have better coverage cause they only throttle your speeds when you hit your limit and not completely shut off your phone permanently like ST does if ya go over. If they brick your phone then ya have to buy a new one... but theres always way around that. Like go buy the same model as your bricked one... take it apart and switch out the insides and then return it for your money back. Still have to buy service and get a new number... but at least these corporate thieves won't be stealing your money hand over fist which is why they have such data restrictions.
HarryNutz

Postby Krisx58 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:17 pm

"If I stream music let's say for 4-5 hours a day at work"

Get a cd/mp3 player.

I'm just starting to look at ST, and perusing here and at hofo, etc, I see folks wanting to use their phones instead of TVs,mp3 players, etc. Probably old fashioned but I never have the earbuds in when I go out for a walk, ride subway, etc. It does not surprise me that carriers are setting limits, however vague. Have some sympathy for those of us who only use 200mb on a bad month. All this costs money. :mrgreen:
tmo (Huawei) Prism
Krisx58

Postby Krisx58 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

4 :mrgreen:
tmo (Huawei) Prism
Krisx58

Postby Krisx58 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

5 :geek:
tmo (Huawei) Prism
Krisx58