Verizon BYOD Porting number

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

Verizon BYOD Porting number

Postby Katdia » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:36 pm

I currently have a Proclaim and am very happy with the service. I hope to bring a Verizon droid to the Verizon BYOD plan. My question is: Can I purchase the key pin necessary and then transfer minutes and number to the Droid? Or is the purchase of another 45.00 card required? Out of necessity I added a 45 card yesterday, but hope to transfer to the Droid shortly.

I would like to keep the number I currently have on the proclaim, its attached to my other accounts. I've been a happy customer of ST since they first began. My husband ported his number easily in the beginning, but I chose to just obtain a new number when I upgraded my phone. What do you suggest?

Thank you!

Katdia
Katdia

Re: Verizon BYOD Porting number

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Katdia. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) Program now supports Verizon CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) technology phones or handsets that do not have SIM cards. The program works just like the BYOP GSM. However, instead of buying a SIM card, you need to purchase a Network Activation Code which will serve as a key to load and identify the Verizon phones in the system then complete the one-time registration on our website. You can purchase the Network Access Code for $14.99 plus tax, and an Unlimited or Unlimited ILD Service Card at www.straightalkbyop.com, at participating retailers, or by calling Customer Care. Any phone can be eligible for the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) CDMA Program provided that it has not been activated outside of the Verizon network including Androids and iPhones. This is not compatible with other CDMA carrier (Sprint and Metro PCS), phones that are 4G LTE technology with Verizon or any other carrier, our branded Straight Talk, SafeLink, TracFone , NET10 or TelCel America phones, iPhone 5, BlackBerry, iPads, or tablets.

Once the registration is successful, you may request to transfer your existing services inlcuding the phone number from your Straight Talk phone to the BYOP CDMA phone.

Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Katdia » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks ST- Kyle. Just to clarify: I can purchase the Pin for 14.99 and then transfer active phone number and minutes from my other straight talk phone to activate the BYOD verizon phone? Or, regardless of minutes on my active ST phone, I have to purchase the pin, AND a 45.00 card to activate the BYOD verizon phone and then remaining minutes and number can be transferred? Want to be certain before starting the process. I just purchased a new 45.00 card less then 24 hours ago on current ST phone and number..

thank you again!
Katdia

Postby Redhairedcwgirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 am

The Verizon phones that you all can port are the kind that are NOT 4G LTE? I just want to clarify that. You do realize that the majority of their phones are 4G LTE. That makes one not even want to bother with attempting to bring a phone to you guys. Please clarify if you can. I have posted 5 x but the other posts aren't showing yet.
Redhairedcwgirl

Postby ThePOZ » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Kyle,

I've been waiting for this program to launch before signing up for Straight Talk. Is this program live already?
ThePOZ

Postby ST - Kyle » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi ThePOZ, Redhairedcwgirl, and Katdia. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. Our Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP CDMA) Program will not be available for now. I believe this answers your question. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
ST - Kyle

Postby peralex1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Is discontinuing BYOP from Verizon is just a temporary measure or permanent? PagePlus has that program ongoing so it is strange to see such a good idea to go away at Straight Talk.
peralex1

Postby peralex1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Is discontinuing BYOP from Verizon is just a temporary measure or permanent? PagePlus has that program ongoing so it is strange to see such a good idea to go away at Straight Talk.
peralex1

Postby ST - Megan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi peralex1. My name is Straight Talk Megan and I will be addressing your question. As of the moment, our BYOP-CDMA program is no longer available. We do not know if it's going to be permanent or if it will be back soon. Thanks.
ST - Megan

Return to Service Plan Options