LG Optimus Showtime

Re: LG Optimus Showtime

Postby mallorym94 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm

i wanted to purchase the LG optimus showtime but i no longer see it on the straight talk web page. is it out of stock or does it not work in the 28358 area code?
mallorym94

Postby twfleming » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Katie,

I'm not sure what is going on with the LG Optimus Showtime availability. Two weeks ago, on both the Straight Talk Website and the Walmart Website for the zip code 86034, there was information about the LG Optimus Showtime being available. I went to the two Walmarts in Greeley Colorado, the Walmart in Loveland, CO, and the one in Severance, CO, and even the Walmart in Denver off of Tower Road, and they all said they had heard about the Showtime, but they hadn't received one yet. Today, I went to the Straight Talk Website and the Walmart Website and put in my zip code (80634) and the Showtime information was gone--and I presumed that meant that it was not available anymore for the Greeley area.

I have had a Nokia E5 Straight Talk phone for over a year and a half, and I'm ready to move to a more sophisticated phone, but I don't want a two year commitment on an iPhone (it will be a relic before I get it paid off with the forced monthly payments), and even the Samsung Galaxy II is not available in my area. I've been pretty pleased with Straight Talk otherwise, except for when the web access becomes sluggish because I've used too many MG for web access, but not being able to have the opportunity to replace my Nokia with a truly smart phone makes me think I'll have to consider other Prepaid Options than Straight Talk.

Please tell me this is just a mistake and the the LG Optimus Showtime will be available for the 80634 market.
Tim Fleming
twfleming

Postby swilder » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 am

I wanted to purchase this phone also but it is no longer listed on line and is not yet available at any wal-marts in my area. When will this phone become available again?
swilder

Postby cbendixe84 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:08 am

I think the showtime has free international texting if you get the international prepaid card
cbendixe84

Postby baldguy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm

The LG Optimus Showtime is available in some areas ONLY at Walmart; i.e., the Straight Talk site will NOT list it, but it will be on the wall at Walmart.
baldguy

Postby bridgefarm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 am

I've had the phone about a week. It does not have the same coverage Verizon customers have. My brother has a contract phone with Verizon and it gets a good signal at my home but this phone gets no service at all at my home. I will be returning it.
bridgefarm

Postby malindadawn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:50 am

I love mine!!!♥♥♥♥♥ granted I am having aan issue getting tthe jb update but still lovvvvve it. No prob withnet, speed, or anything else.
malindadawn

Postby BRand » Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 am

I'm a bit curious about the post stating that the Showtime doesn't have the same coverage as a Verizon contract phone. The reason being that my son and I have done side by side comparisons ( He has a Verizon contract iPhone ) and we have found signal strength on the StraightTalk phone to be identical to the bars showing on his iPhone. Connection quality, outgoing and incoming, are pretty much the same too.
BRand

Postby BRand » Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 am

I'm a bit curious about the post stating that the Showtime doesn't have the same coverage as a Verizon contract phone. The reason being that my son and I have done side by side comparisons ( He has a Verizon contract iPhone ) and we have found signal strength on the StraightTalk phone to be identical to the bars showing on his iPhone. Connection quality, outgoing and incoming, are pretty much the same too.
BRand

Postby kkaufman » Sat May 11, 2013 10:45 am

Hi,
I just purchased this phone from Wal-mart and I am very happy with it. I paid 79.00 dollars it was mispriced and I did not realize that it was a smart phone till later. I really enjoy all of the features of this phone. I am new to android smart phones, but for the price cannot complain. I need to find a case for it now.
kkaufman

PreviousNext

Return to LG