firmware update

firmware update

Postby syrex_pumkin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:24 am

I was wondering how do i update my LG optimus Q's firmware? i can update my PRL and my Profile but every time i try to update the firmware it says it can not find one, but i know there is an update for my phone that has already been released (i have Android 2.3.4 but i would like to update to the new Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ). I would like to do the update within the phone automatically so i dont have to root, but if i cant find or receive an answer soon i think ill be forced to root.
syrex_pumkin

Re: firmware update

Postby ST - Kyle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi syrex_pumkin. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. Please try to check if there are newer version of firmware available for your device by going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Software update check. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby syrex_pumkin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Yes I have tried this although mine is slightly different as it goes Setting/ About Phone/ Settings Update/ Update Firmware. Yes I have tried this but it says it can't find one, now is this because straight talk hasn't obtained the update from LG yet (because I know they have aready released it for their phones) or am I just out of luck for the automatic update to ics with this phone?
syrex_pumkin

Postby syrex_pumkin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Yes i have tried that, although mine is slightly different as it goes "Settings/ About Phone/ Settings Update/ Update Firmware", Yes i have tried this, but it says it cant find one. Now I'm curious on is this because Straight Talk has not obtained the update from LG yet (because i know they have already released it for their phones) or am i just out of luck for the automatic update to ICS with this phone?
syrex_pumkin

Return to LG