Unable to access data or mms

Unable to access data or mms

Postby jtrammel74 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:49 pm

I have been a satisfied straight-talk member for almost 2 years until now. I have a Samsung Proclaim phone and have the unlimited talk/text/data plan. I am unable to access data and use mms (multimedia messaging) on my phone. Ever since I got a notification on my phone that there was an update for my phone and downloaded it my data has stopped working. After several times calling straight talk technical support they told me that I violated section 6 & 7 of straight talks terms and conditions and that my data had been suspended. They said it would not be turned back on until my service started over on my new month. Well that was February 28, 2013 and my data is still not working. I think either straight talk or Verizon Wireless pushed an update to my phone to cut off the data. I have went thru all the troubleshooting steps to fix my phone as directed by straight-talk technical support. My data is turned on, phone is programmed correctly, my MDN & MIN are correct. My PRL is 59317 (which they won't tell me if that is correct). My service state is in service, roaming is not roaming, mobile network state is connected. I have factory reset my phone and I am still not able to access data. Everything appears to be correctly configured in my phone. I cannot access data on any of my apps and when I try to go to a page on my browser I automatically get redirected to: https://dunsp.vzw.comnewSelfProvisionin ... ovisioning . I don't know if a new updated needs to be pushed to my phone or if my phone needs to be reflashed or if Verizon or straight talk have simply turned off my data. Please let me know how to fix this problem!
jtrammel74

Re: Unable to access data or mms

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 am

Hi jtrammel74. My name is Straight Talk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you!
Stephanie_ST

Postby brennonk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:20 pm

My wife and I are in the same boat! Straight Talk just turned off our data on both of our iphone 4's. Their "unlimited" claim is a scam! There was no communication, no explanation....it was just turned off. We do not use that much data....but whenever you cross Straight Talk's imaginary line -- only they know where that is.....you're data is turned off. Very unhappy!
brennonk

Postby Sophie_ST » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 am

Hi brennonk. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby Anthonyp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:43 am

Im having the same problem
Anthonyp

Postby ST - Katie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Anthonyp,
My name is ST Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Katie

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.