Samsung Galaxy Proclaim battery will not charge

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim battery will not charge

Postby sandtran36 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Please help if you can! We have two Samsung Galaxy Proclaim phones through StraightTalk. One of the phones will not charge the battery at all and the battery life is very short-lived. I charge it using the other phone with no problem. I have purchased an extended life battery, thinking that would help. I have deactivated bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, etc. Nothing that I've tried seems to help. The phone will not charge the battery. This is annoying as the phones belong to two different people and we are only able to charge our batteries with one phone. Advice is appreciated. Solution is appreciated even more! :)
sandtran36

Re: Samsung Galaxy Proclaim battery will not charge

Postby Elle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi sandtran36. My name is StraightTalk Elle. Please try again to connect the charger to the phone and plug the phone charger into an electrical outlet. Just note that it may take several minutes for the phone to show any signs of being charged if the battery is completely drained. If the phone is not showing that sign after 10 minutes, please let me know.

You can take into consideration the following tips to improve the battery life:
1. Use static Wallpapers. The uses of dynamic wallpapers use more phone and battery resources.
2. Reduce the Screen Brightness and Timeout to small values.
3. Exit applications using the back button instead of the home button. This will ensure that the application is completely closed. When pressing the home button, some applications continue running in the background.
4. Go to the Applications Menu and select the Task Manager and close all unused applications.
5. Turn off features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS.
6. If you can, turn off the Email Auto Synchronization or reduce the frequency to check for new emails.
7. Did you know that having Bluetooth or Wi-Fi enabled when you are not using them can reduce the life of the battery about 50%? Please try turning your Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi OFF, when not in use.

Keep in mind that the following situations may cause your battery to drain faster:
1. Spending time in areas where your phone displays “No Service” or where the signal strength is poor. This will cause your phone to continuously search for service.
2. Excessive use of the Browser. Those phones with music and video streaming will also drain the battery when using these features
3. Having the display backlight with high brightness.
Elle

Postby sandtran36 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm

StraightTalk Elle, have taken note of your suggestions and the phone still will not charge the battery. Have tried several chargers, outlets, with no luck. Bought the phone in August of 2012 and it worked fine until a couple months ago. Still having to charge the battery with the other phone, which is aggravating and frustrating. The phone should perform up to the standards for which I paid $179. Now what???
sandtran36

Postby sandtran36 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

StraightTalk Elle, have taken note of your suggestions and the phone still will not charge the battery. Have tried several chargers, outlets, with no luck. Bought the phone in August of 2012 and it worked fine until a couple months ago. Still having to charge the battery with the other phone, which is aggravating and frustrating. The phone should perform up to the standards for which I paid $179. Now what???
sandtran36

Postby sandtran36 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Just read somewhere that I need to have four posts before I can have help? Well, here is post #3.
sandtran36

Postby sandtran36 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Post #4. Still no solution. Oops! Apparently I have tried to post too soon after my last. Wow! The rules are outrageous not to get help for service for which I've already prepaid!
sandtran36

Postby sandtran36 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Think this may be post #5. Still waiting...
sandtran36

Postby Elle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 pm

sandtran36, please send me a private message with your phone number for further assistance.
Elle

Return to Samsung