Data is very slow

Data is very slow

Postby mrspeedy69 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Am I being throttled on my data connection? I've had my phone for almost a month and have only used a little over 1Gb of data. For the first couple weeks I was getting almost 7Mb download speeds. Now my data speeds are .45Mb download. I don't why I would be throttled if I'm not using that much data or anything. I've tried rebooting my phone, taking my SIM card out and cleaning it, I've changed my APN settings as well and still no change. I mean my data works it is just slow. This is why I switched to straight talk because my other carriers data was so slow.
mrspeedy69

Re: Data is very slow

Postby Jaredwilliams00 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Im Having the same problem from what i have read att and Straight talk are fighting or something along those lines and straight talk is slowing down anybody's data speed that they can i have been on the phone with several people and tried many online things and none of them worked and they don't really have unlimited data either you are limited to like 2 GB a month, Im strongly considering switching to a new prepaid company.
Jaredwilliams00

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.