Straight Talk MMS & Data not working

Straight Talk MMS & Data not working

Postby astate85 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm trying to help a not so tech savvy friend out. I helped them get their iPhone 4 setup on StraightTalk. I am experienced with cell phones and computers so I knew what I was doing. As a matter of fact, I did everything exactly the same...to the T..as I did on my iPhone 4. But on her phone, when we tried to open up Safari, it stated something along the lines of no internet. I've seen that this isn't exactly a rare problem. It should also be noted that her data and MMS did not work with her previous phone. Instead of always telling users to take this matter offline, why doesn't ST just publish a solution online for the public? Anyway, I would like to get this problem solved ASAP. What is the problem? Did ST forget to activate the data on her plan or what?
astate85

Re: Straight Talk MMS & Data not working

Postby Che_ST » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi astate85! My name is ST Che and I'll be addressing your concern. For me to assist you further, we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks!
Che_ST

Postby astate85 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 pm

It will not let me reply to your direct message. I'm not going to sit here and post multiple times just to be able to compose a private message. I've already spent 45 minutes on the phone with customer support which was pointless.

Anyway, did you not read my post? Yes, I set her APN settings IDENTICAL to mine. MY PHONE WORKS PERFECT, HER'S DOES NOT! All settings are correct, the problem isn't on the user's end...the problem is on the supplier's end.
astate85

Postby astate85 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:41 pm

why did my second post get deleted?????

I CAN NOT REPLY TO DIRECT MESSAGES!

YES! THE APN SETTINGS ARE PERFECT, READ MY ORIGINAL POST!

I'm tired of getting the run around from every "customer service" avenue I contact. I believe that her Cellular Data is not activated by StraightTalk.
astate85

Postby hunterwo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm having the exact same issues! Why isn't the solution posted on this forum?
hunterwo

Postby Jhonally_ST » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:19 am

Sorry hunterwo. We have responded to your other post on this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for an update. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.