Download Speeds Slow

Download Speeds Slow

Postby ascendIIowner6171 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello,
Does anybody have any way to help on the slow download speeds. I have had slow speeds downloading from the Google Play Store, but I do have web browser speeds, which are good for me. I have been trying to download some apps, but take forever to download. Please Help!!!
ascendIIowner6171

Re: Download Speeds Slow

Postby ST - Kyle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi ascendIIowner6171. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Jake01 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm

many people posting in all different threads about this exact same issue....... and I just went the same thing... they will tell you that they have to take this offline and send you private messages ......

What it is (probably) , is that according to ST, you have exceeding your data usage and therefore they have throttled your data service...... then they will reset your account on their end and if you are lucky, your data service will then be ok. But, it might seem ok for a few days and then go back to no 3g or 4g data speed and then you would have to call in again and they do the reset again.

Straight Talk seems to have really cracked down hard lately on data useage. If you are downloading apps, turn off your 3g or 4g and turn on wireless and then do the downloads using only wireless.

I wish Straight Talk would do some actual straight talking and just come right out and announce what they are doing and state exactly what the allowable data useage is per 30 day period.... many people say that 2 gig is the download limit for 30 days but some say they throttle you if you go over a daily max of about 100 megabytes ...
Jake01

Postby ascendIIowner6171 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Jake01, I am agreeing with you 100% and I hate that I have to post about this same issue 2 more times. I agree. First few days were great and then bam. I went from great to most horrible service.
ascendIIowner6171

Postby Jake01 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm

ascendIIowner6171 wrote:Jake01, I am agreeing with you 100% and I hate that I have to post about this same issue 2 more times. I agree. First few days were great and then bam. I went from great to most horrible service.

Yeah I know what you mean, I have been there..... I have been restraining myself from running any speedtests because I am leery of being throttled for too much data use again but I am dying to know what kind of download speed I now have.... I mean, everything seems fine, I can send messages, make and receive calls, and receive emails etc ..... but not sure how fast the 4g is. I figure I will wait at least another few days and then run a speedtest...

In spite of everything, I still like Straight Talk though. If you can figure out how to make it work for you, it can still be a great deal.
Jake01

Postby Jessica_ST » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi ascendIIowner6171. Your issue has already been resolved. Thank you for your patience. Should you have any concerns with your Straight Talk service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.