Access Forbidden

Re: Access Forbidden

Postby blb1980 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 pm

luqchu wrote:I have the $45 Unlimited Plan for Straight Talk on my iPhone 4S. When I try to use the internet it says "Access Forbidden." Please help me.

LOOK I'VE BEEN SEARCHING THE STRAIGHT TALK WIRELESS FORUM FOR AN ANSWER TO THIS ANNOYING "FORBIDDEN ACCESS" WHEN TRYING TO GET ON THE INTERNET. I HAVEN'T ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IT SEEMS TO HAVE JUST STARTED HAPPENING ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO AND USUALLY RESTARTING MY PHONE, TAKING BATTERY OUT WILL FIX IT BUT IT'S ANNOYING AND LEAVES ME CURSING WHEN HAVING TO DO THAT. AND IT SEEMS WHEN SEARCHING ON HERE FOR A SOLUTION ALL I SEE ARE A BUNCH OF ST REPS SAYING THEY WILL PRIVATE MESSAGE THE PERSON AND HELP THEM AND I'VE EVEN SEEN SOME PEOPLE POST THE PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS WHICH BASICALLY HAVE GOTTEN THEM NO WHERE. ANYWAY I GOOGLED THIS ISSUE AND FOUND A SOLUTION MAYBE. I AM NOT SURE YET BECAUSE I JUST DID IT THIS MORNING SO HAVEN'T HAD A REAL CHANCE TO SEE IF THIS "ACCESS FORBIDDEN" ISSUE IS REALLY GONE FOR GOOD BUT HERE IS A POST I FOUND AT ANOTHER HELP FORUM:

" You're going to love the phone. Regarding Straight Talk, when you set up the APN Settings on your Galaxy Nexus, you can skip and not enter the Proxy and the Port. (proxy.mvno.tracfone.com and 80) I found I had more connection error issues when using the Proxy and Port with random "access forbidden" messages and data outages. You can try both like I did but I found the data and the service to work better with the proxy and port field left blank. "

I DID TAKE THOSE TWO OUT AND MY INTERNET STILL WORKS FINE. NOT SURE ABOUT PICTURE MESSAGES.
blb1980

Postby brumfield01 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 pm

luqchu wrote:I have the $45 Unlimited Plan for Straight Talk on my iPhone 4S. When I try to use the internet it says "Access Forbidden." Please help me.

luqchu, did you ever get an answer for this?? It would be nice if you could view this forum to see if anyone ever got help, but all you see in EVERY post is that damned "we must take this offline" message...so useless.

Please let me know if you ever figured out what the deal is, because my 4s does this intermittently also.
brumfield01

Postby ST - Jayme » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi brumfield01. My name is Straight Talk Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Jayme

Postby brumfield01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

blb1980 wrote:

LOOK I'VE BEEN SEARCHING THE STRAIGHT TALK WIRELESS FORUM FOR AN ANSWER TO THIS ANNOYING "FORBIDDEN ACCESS" WHEN TRYING TO GET ON THE INTERNET. I HAVEN'T ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. IT SEEMS TO HAVE JUST STARTED HAPPENING ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO AND USUALLY RESTARTING MY PHONE, TAKING BATTERY OUT WILL FIX IT BUT IT'S ANNOYING AND LEAVES ME CURSING WHEN HAVING TO DO THAT. AND IT SEEMS WHEN SEARCHING ON HERE FOR A SOLUTION ALL I SEE ARE A BUNCH OF ST REPS SAYING THEY WILL PRIVATE MESSAGE THE PERSON AND HELP THEM AND I'VE EVEN SEEN SOME PEOPLE POST THE PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS WHICH BASICALLY HAVE GOTTEN THEM NO WHERE. ANYWAY I GOOGLED THIS ISSUE AND FOUND A SOLUTION MAYBE. I AM NOT SURE YET BECAUSE I JUST DID IT THIS MORNING SO HAVEN'T HAD A REAL CHANCE TO SEE IF THIS "ACCESS FORBIDDEN" ISSUE IS REALLY GONE FOR GOOD BUT HERE IS A POST I FOUND AT ANOTHER HELP FORUM:

" You're going to love the phone. Regarding Straight Talk, when you set up the APN Settings on your Galaxy Nexus, you can skip and not enter the Proxy and the Port. (proxy.mvno.tracfone.com and 80) I found I had more connection error issues when using the Proxy and Port with random "access forbidden" messages and data outages. You can try both like I did but I found the data and the service to work better with the proxy and port field left blank. "

I DID TAKE THOSE TWO OUT AND MY INTERNET STILL WORKS FINE. NOT SURE ABOUT PICTURE MESSAGES.

Thank you blb1980!! I don't even know if this works yet, but I am just glad to have gotten a straight answer from someone. Going to try this today! I hope MMS still works after I do it.
brumfield01

Previous

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.