sony xperia

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

sony xperia

Postby pburgss@yahoo.com » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 am

Hi, I am looking for some info regarding my sony xperia. I have installed the sim card and followed the instructions for changing the APN.
I can call and text, but cannot get the data or GPS features to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks
pburgss@yahoo.com

Re: sony xperia

Postby John » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi pburgss@yahoo.com. My name is Straight Talk John and I will be addressing your concern. I will need to get your account/serial number so I can check your rate plan is correct on our end. I will be contacting you through forum inbox so I can acquire the information needed. Thanks!
John

Postby pburgss@yahoo.com » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:23 pm

My phone number is 304-*** ****
pburgss@yahoo.com

Postby pburgss@yahoo.com » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:15 pm

John wrote:Hi pburgss@yahoo.com. My name is Straight Talk John and I will be addressing your concern. I will need to get your account/serial number so I can check your rate plan is correct on our end. I will be contacting you through forum inbox so I can acquire the information needed. Thanks!

I have the unlimited plan, voice and texting works fine but I do not have an internet connection or GPS
pburgss@yahoo.com

Postby John » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 pm

pburgss@yahoo.com, we're sorry for the trouble, Derrick. We've updated your rate plan and it should already work. Please check it by turning the phone OFF and ON. Access first the browser and once able, please try accessing your GPS feature.

Let us know the result. Thanks!
John

Postby Mr.Concerto » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I bought a Sony Xperia Arc S phone and installed the sim card from my straight talk Nokia E71. I can make calls and make text messages - but do not have data or GPS signal.
I have the full unlimited plan - also I bought a Straight Talk micro sim card ($15) a few weeks ago knowing I was buying a new phone - but the Xperia takes the full size sim card so I just used the one from my Straight Talk phone.
Any suggestions on getting the data and GPS working??
Paul
Mr.Concerto

Postby Jessica_ST » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Good day, Mr.Concerto. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. For you to be able to use Straight Talk service with all the features working, you will need to purchase a BYOP SIM card to insert into your unlocked phone. You may click on this link: www.straighttalksim.com for more details. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Return to Welcome