Samsung Proclaim wont text or get 3G

Re: Samsung Proclaim wont text or get 3G

Postby rlowe928 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Same issue for me, Works on WiFi but cannot get 3G or MMS messages. Seems like a pretty common problem so I imagine
there is a common solution. Which makes me wonder why nobody has posted it yet. :?: Either way I need help and this is my one of five posts to get help........
rlowe928

Postby Jessica_ST » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Good day, rlowe928. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby countryboy9799 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:58 pm

I am having a similar problem. The text messages usually work but the picture messages don't always work if 3g isn't available. The problem I am having is for no apparent reason the 3g will go out for several hours up to 8 or so hours.
I drive the same 175 mile drive everyday and it is totally random, one night it might work great, next night it won't have 3g on my way up and the next night maybe I won't have it on the way back. I also get this at home too.
countryboy9799

Postby rlowe928 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Well couple hours later and the IM replies have stopped so I guess I will not be getting this fixed any
time soon.
rlowe928

Postby lit1337 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah i dont get it. This seems to be a pretty common problem yet they have no standard protocol for fixing this? I got this phone because the other smart phone i have from them uses sprint towers and i get no service in my work place. The proclaim uses versizon but im not paying 180 dollars for a phone im not getting full features on, and a problem they cant fix and seem to just be routing everyone through these same non working checklist of "problem solvers" im honestly thinking about going back to verizon.
lit1337

Postby rlowe928 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Right it seems insane that all these people on this forum and others are having the same issue but not once has straight talk said a solution.
I've been a customer for a couple years and was excited with an android FINALLY, But if it has a glitch let us know for cryin out loud.

UPDATE!! I just called the 888 number from a different phone*important*. And did the ol take the battery out and leave it out for a while and put it back in thing,
And After I turned off the WiFi the 3g symbol finally appeared, Without that You cannot send pics so they go hand in hand. No clue if the lady on the other side pushed any magic buttons but this worked for me. Your voice commands also depend in this.
I also have no clue how long it will work for me but as of now I am a happy android owner. Hope this helps.
rlowe928

Postby jockt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 pm

News flash... Exact same problem here. Every once in a while I can send and download pics via text message but most often it doesn't work. I just removed the battery, restarted the phone, had it updated, connected to my wifi at home and the 3G flashed for a split second then gone. Very very frustrating.
jockt

Postby jockt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Okay after doing all I said in my last post I still wasn't getting 3G or receiving a pic I wanted to see. What I had to do was text a pic from my phone to get the 3G to activate. I would think it would have done that automatically....haha
Last edited by jockt on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jockt

Postby Anne_ST » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 am

Hi jockt. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby jockt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 am

Haha..... as anyone can see by reading my post up there I MUST HAVE made a post before that one..... WOW!!! It didn't get approved for SOME REASON because it should have been posted BEFORE the 2nd post I made. Imagine that...

Anyway as it is probably no surprise to anyone here I haven't received an email from anyone, my 3G continues to be intermittent and at the present time I'm at exactly the same place I was 14 hours ago.
jockt

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung