Samsung Galaxy Centura: cannot send MMS

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Samsung Galaxy Centura: cannot send MMS

Postby tbcarswell » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 pm

I have two Samsung Galaxy Centura phones running Android 4.0.4. I am unable to send MMS messages with either phone. I have found plenty of references to set up APN settings to I can achieve this, yet for some reason, my phones do not even show APN settings. When I go to "wireless & networks", then to "mobile networks", I only have a "data enabled" check box. It is my understanding this is where I am supposed to be able to enter APN settings. I find it very frustrating that I do not have sufficient access yet to respond to the private messages I have received from techs offering help. This "help" system makes no sense to me and I find it frustrating to navigate.
tbcarswell

Re: Samsung Galaxy Centura: cannot send MMS

Postby ST - Cherry » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi tbcarswell. My name is Straight Talk Cherry. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Cherry

Postby in46sgc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 pm

I am having the same problem! My phone is not BYOP, I bought it through straight talk. APN settings do not show up. Please help!
in46sgc

Postby Sophie_ST » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 am

Hi in46sgc. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby ricerider » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:25 pm

I am having the same issue
no mms and SLOW data
ricerider

Postby ricerider » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm

I am having the same issue
no mms and SLOW data
ricerider

Postby Shelly_ST » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 am

Hi, ricerider. My name is Straight Talk Shelly and I will be addressing your inquiry. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby seastorm » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I am having the same problem on the brand new Centura I purchased two days ago.
seastorm

Postby Anne_ST » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:56 am

Hi seastorm. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby JSC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm

I am having the same problem on the brand new Centura I purchased a few days ago. I am getting many "Network Communications Issues" error messages. When the data even works at all, data speeds that I am getting are less than 100 kbps download and (for some strange reason) much higher upload speeds. Have done testing with speedtest.net My total data used is only 188MB since September 6th, when I got the phone. Please help!!
JSC

Next

Return to Welcome