No 4.4 kitkat update?

Re: No 4.4 kitkat update?

Postby Shelly_ST » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 am

Hi sashaSTS4. My name is Straight Talk Shelly. Sorry that you're having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby MAmes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 am

I'm nervous to ask considering the cost of my phone, but I also read from credible sources that my phone model is available for an android software upgrade. With the price I paid I'd like to know exactly what I'm doing to my device instead of guessing what to do. I'd like the 4.4 Kitkat on my sch-s968c, currently 4.1.2 jellybean
MAmes

Postby ST - Felice » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 am

Hi MAmes. My name is Straight Talk Felice. Please be informed that the operating system of our branded phones cannot be upgraded to a higher version, but it can receive software updates. For our branded Android phones, the software has already been updated and cannot be upgraded to a higher version. It has been branded or modified to our service. If you wish to upgrade your software to a higher version, although we don't recommend it, then this will be at your sole risk. Straight Talk is not held responsible for any service interruption due to modifications done using a third party software program. If further assistance should be needed, please check your forum inbox for the private message that I've sent. Thank you.
ST - Felice

Postby sashaSTS4 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:32 pm

HATE ST, waste of my money, no disclosures before buying. DONT BUY ST PHONES and as for Plans there are lot of competitive and even lower rates if u shop arnd for ur needs. this is coming from a customer who has been with ST for 4 years. if it wasnt for the $25 and $35 plan deals that i researched and got i wld have long gone.. POOR sorry NO customer service. ST is wasting time in putting money into customer service.

UNLOCKING POLICY is another black hole.

STAY AWAY from ST...

CANT push a simple 4.4 upgrade to good/decent samsung galaxy phones...

:evil: :evil:
sashaSTS4

Postby busymommyof8 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 pm

October 2016 I left Verizon and brought my Samsung Galaxy S5 with the latest OS and updates to StraightTalk. My phone was transferred over, OS and all and I've been very happy. Last week I dropped my phone in water with the back off and ruined it. Via Upward Mobile on eBay, a great company I've bought from before, I bought a refurbished Verizon Branded S5 that had been converted to StraightTalk. It was still on Kit Kat 4.4. I went directly to update the OS and received the same message you all are receiving. Several of my key apps will not operate on Kit Kat. I will be forced to leave Straight Talk and go back to Satan's lair (Verizon) if my phone can't be updated. I've already notified Upward Mobile that unless they have a solution I'll be returning the phone and going back to Verizon.
Please advise.
Cindy
"Because I said so" is a reason.
busymommyof8

Previous

Return to Samsung