data suspended with no warning!

data suspended with no warning!

Postby modernleaf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 am

First of all, I have been very satisfied with Straight talk service, up until now, when my 3G has stopped working, and I called and was told my data has been excessive and that it’s been suspended. The only way they say to fix this is to wait until the next billing cycle, and then another 24 hours after that! This is ridiculous! If I would’ve received any type of notice or warning, I would’ve been able to curb my usage! This is not fair. Please help.
modernleaf

Re: data suspended with no warning!

Postby ST - Larry » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 am

Hi modernleaf. My name is Straight Talk Larry. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Postby elbaroark » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 pm

That is actually incorrect what you were informed of. I was in contact with Tech Support at the corporate office in Miami, and was advised that even after your next monthly billing cycle, your data is still going to be throttled, no matter what. According to corporate, you are allowed to use 1.5 GB/month, so it is NOT UNLIMITED data, even thought that is what it is advertised on TV, Radio, etc, which also said that they allow up to 100-125 MB/day to be used and no more.
elbaroark

Postby tempest11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm

The same thing happened to me. I've been with straight talk for years and never had this happen. I got no warning of any kind my internet just stopped completely. I also can't send pic messages. Please help!
tempest11

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi tempest11. My name is Straight Talk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you!
Stephanie_ST

Postby tempest11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Ok thanks.
tempest11

Postby tempest11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Ok thanks.
tempest11

Postby tempest11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Ok thanks.
tempest11

Postby Pif11 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:58 pm

I too fall into this category. Actually, I didn't think much of it at first cause I have had times when I had no data service for a few hours at the time and it would magically appear just as it had disappeared. I waited 24 hours before I called customer service and I was told my service had been throttled cause I used too much data over the last week. I said no, not throttled, completely gone. She quickly switched me to a recorded message about terms of service and data abuse or something like that. By then, I was so mad I don't know what was said in this recording. A warning just seems like a great way to have fewer dissatisfied customers. Why are some warned and some are not? Had I been warned, I could have tried to figure out what I was doing wrong and corrected my actions. I have been a straight talk customer for a few years and I'm on my 4th phone under this company. Up until now, I have been a satisfied customer even with the occasional lost data connection, pic messages that don't always come through, and not even being able to use my phone in my work area cause it's not a part of straight talk's coverage area. I still chose to stay with this company because of the low cost. But at this point, I may have to pay more for better service overall. For me it's not about the data being suspended, it's about poor customer service. I would hate to switch to another company but with unanswered questions, I might not have a choice. I don't know if this is temporary or permanent and if temporary how long will it last, how much is too much on an "unlimited" plan, is there any need to renew my service? These are some questions that the recorded message I was quickly sent to could not answer!
Pif11

Postby trix2bare » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

I bought my Samsung galaxy S2 in feb 2013.. I bought 12 months of unlimited minutes, text and data. 3 weeks in they shut off my "unlimited" data and said they are not turning it back on until my 12 months are up!!!! I didn't even know i couldnt use pandora and stuff like that. Now I call daily trying to get a refund and to get my data turned back on..but after many hours with managers i have gotten nowhere! Very frustrated and feel cheated. If someone knows a way to get my data restored please help!!!
trix2bare

Next

Return to Samsung