Straight Talk Customer Fraud

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Straight Talk Customer Fraud

Postby MzM29TOGHk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 am

Can someone explain to me why Straight Talk can enforce data throttling on customer's accounts without anyone in the entire company able to answer the following questions?

How much data usage have I used on my account?
What day did the throttling violation take place?
What did I violate to cause the throttling?

I was on the phone with their tech support for hours and escalated the call to a manager and then a supervisor and they both said they could not provide me any info to my questions and that they don't have the software in place to access this information.

I proved to them that I didn't exceed my 1.5GB data cap and they agreed but told me that they have no control over our accounts and can't do anything about the throttle limits placed on their customers. They only fix to the data cap issue is to purchase a new sim card and sign up for another $45 plan or wait 30 days to see if the throttling is removed.

Trying the forum for a moderator to help will only achieve the same customer service. They will ask for your info just to tell you a plain simple 1 line message that you violated your data usage. After that they will not respond to any other questions or concerns that a customer has with the service.

If you plan to contact Straight Talk phone support be prepared to have your call transferred to an automated message explaining AT&T 1.5GB data cap then having the system automatically hang up on you. They are purposely trying to avoid any communication with the customer.

I will be filling a FCC complaint.

Also, I know these post are moderated. As a precaution I'm posting a link to popular social media websites that this post is censored it won't be hidden from the rest of us and will show how Straight Talk as a company treats their customers.
MzM29TOGHk

Re: Straight Talk Customer Fraud

Postby jakepoker » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Im currently experiencing the same problem. Good luck.
jakepoker

Postby Shaneaj88 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:25 pm

You shouldn't really expect A+ customer service when you are paying next to nothing for a service...but customer service could be a little better
Shaneaj88

Postby elbaroark » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

I just filed a complaint with the Attorney General Office in Jefferson City, MO to have this company investigated, as well as to have my data service fully restored to what it should be and not at dial-up speed. I am also going to be calling them this afternoon to find out more information. The AG here in Missouri is a friend of the family and I am sure he will be willing to participate and help in the issue against consumer protection.

What this company is doing to their customers is considered to be illegal. I will also be calling the Corporate Office in Miami Florida as well at 305-640-2000
elbaroark

Postby AngryFrank » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Wow. I'm sorry about your experience, but I'm glad to have read about it. :?
A co-worker was going to get 2 of them before the weekend-- I'll definitely tell her to get something else.
AngryFrank

Postby ST - Kyle » Fri May 03, 2013 1:10 pm

MzM29TOGHk wrote:Can someone explain to me why Straight Talk can enforce data throttling on customer's accounts without anyone in the entire company able to answer the following questions?

How much data usage have I used on my account?
What day did the throttling violation take place?
What did I violate to cause the throttling?

I was on the phone with their tech support for hours and escalated the call to a manager and then a supervisor and they both said they could not provide me any info to my questions and that they don't have the software in place to access this information.

I proved to them that I didn't exceed my 1.5GB data cap and they agreed but told me that they have no control over our accounts and can't do anything about the throttle limits placed on their customers. They only fix to the data cap issue is to purchase a new sim card and sign up for another $45 plan or wait 30 days to see if the throttling is removed.

Trying the forum for a moderator to help will only achieve the same customer service. They will ask for your info just to tell you a plain simple 1 line message that you violated your data usage. After that they will not respond to any other questions or concerns that a customer has with the service.

If you plan to contact Straight Talk phone support be prepared to have your call transferred to an automated message explaining AT&T 1.5GB data cap then having the system automatically hang up on you. They are purposely trying to avoid any communication with the customer.

I will be filling a FCC complaint.

Also, I know these post are moderated. As a precaution I'm posting a link to popular social media websites that this post is censored it won't be hidden from the rest of us and will show how Straight Talk as a company treats their customers.

Hi MzM29TOGHk. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby ST - Kyle » Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm

elbaroark wrote:I just filed a complaint with the Attorney General Office in Jefferson City, MO to have this company investigated, as well as to have my data service fully restored to what it should be and not at dial-up speed. I am also going to be calling them this afternoon to find out more information. The AG here in Missouri is a friend of the family and I am sure he will be willing to participate and help in the issue against consumer protection.

What this company is doing to their customers is considered to be illegal. I will also be calling the Corporate Office in Miami Florida as well at 305-640-2000

Hi elbaroark. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Return to Welcome