Motorola RAZR V3m: Will this phone work with Straight Talk?

Motorola RAZR V3m: Will this phone work with Straight Talk?

Postby NagasakiOsada » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:27 pm

I have an old Verizon phone that is pre-owned and is probably 2-3 years old. Can it be used with a Straight Talk plan?
Thanks,
Sadie
NagasakiOsada

Re: Motorola RAZR V3m: Will this phone work with Straight Ta

Postby va2105 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

To answer your question. No it will not work since ST only supports GSM technology

This program is not available with CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry phones.

Buy Your SIM CardThis program is not available with CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry phones.

Please choose the type of phone you have:
Phone is a CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry Unlocked GSM Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)
AT&T Compatible Phone
T-Mobile Compatible Phone
va2105

Postby NagasakiOsada » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 pm

va2105 wrote:To answer your question. No it will not work since ST only supports GSM technology

This program is not available with CDMA (i.e. Verizon, Sprint, Metro PCS), TracFone, SafeLink, NET10, Straight Talk or BlackBerry phones.

I suppose I'm confused, as I simply meant would it work with one of the monthly plans, not necessarily with the SIM card program. I'm a real cell phone newbie though, so I might be showing my ignorance in this area. I will soon have a Samsung R375C prepaid StraightTalk phone, which is CDMA, albeit specifically designed for StraightTalk use and using Verizon towers. I had thought maybe the old, used phone I have sitting around here might also be adaptable. I'm guessing it requires SIM card technology to function? Is that why it won't work?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge!
Cheers,
Sadie
NagasakiOsada

Postby Charisse » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 am

Hi NagasakiOsada. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. No, only Straight Talk branded phones will work with Straight Talk service plans. Unless, you will avail with the Bring Your Own Phone program that requires an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby NagasakiOsada » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks, Charisse. I chose a CDMA phone because the coverage maps for GSM carriers looked very deficient in my home area. I was glad to pick up my Samsung R375c and find it has coverage comparable to my husband's old Verizon phone. I am currently awaiting moderation on a topic I started in another subforum concerning a problem with premature notice of insufficient minutes on the phone, however. (There's absolutely no way I've used 1000 minutes, as I've only made about 20 calls, none longer than 8 minutes).
NagasakiOsada

Return to Motorola