I talked to a real live person

I talked to a real live person

Postby Debra » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

She told me I would not be able to send or receive pictures via messaging because Straight Talk did not offer that service.
Per ST instructions I deleted unlockit and installed ST APN changer. Then I had no data. She said I had to take my IOS to 5.1. I deleted ST APN changer and re installed unlockit and data works fine, but still can't send pictures.
Debra

Re: I talked to a real live person

Postby Mikeambrose3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Debra,

The Straight Talk support team is lying. There is NOTHING wrong with our phones, there's an issue with their network that they obviously aren't fixing, don't know how to fix, or don't want to pay for the bandwidth for picture messaging. Their service is too good to be true. Until they fix the issues themselves, there will be no picture messaging. I can receive, but not send, after nearly a full month now. Time to look for an alternative.
Mikeambrose3

Postby manolica1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm

I can confirm this...I have tried 4 different smartphones, change the sim, same problem....I quit in settings about ''the famous apn''

also do not try with Net10, same Sh.t...
manolica1

Postby Debra » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Can anyone send and receive messages with pictures?
Debra

Postby maleseattle » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 am

I just, today, lost all data connection... time to send this stuff to the State Attorney General... they will require Straight Talk do refunds of all $ paid for service contracted...
maleseattle

Postby Debbie_ST » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 am

Hi maleseattle. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby Dorian7 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 pm

The phones are all tied up now.
Dorian7

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.