iPhone 5 with Straight Talk has no internet access

Re: iPhone 5 with Straight Talk has no internet access

Postby mreevesnv » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:52 am

Same problem here, wi-fi works great, but no cellular data. Keeps telling me: "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network - You Are Not Subscribed to a Cellular Data Service" I have spent several hours today on the phone and online with ST trying to get this problem resolved, all to no avail. This iphone 5 is less than one month old, purchased from WalMart for use with Straighttalk. I thought my $45 service card WAS for "Cellular Data Service!" Please Help. Seems like LOTS of folks here are having the same problem, would be nice if ST would help us get this resolved.
mreevesnv

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm

hellohereisjim wrote:Today I bought a Brand New Iphone 5 very expensive, Activated it and everything works but the internet. Can someone help me please , is there something I am suppose to do to get it to work .

Thank You

Hi hellohereisjim. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 pm

mreevesnv wrote:Same problem here, wi-fi works great, but no cellular data. Keeps telling me: "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network - You Are Not Subscribed to a Cellular Data Service" I have spent several hours today on the phone and online with ST trying to get this problem resolved, all to no avail. This iphone 5 is less than one month old, purchased from WalMart for use with Straighttalk. I thought my $45 service card WAS for "Cellular Data Service!" Please Help. Seems like LOTS of folks here are having the same problem, would be nice if ST would help us get this resolved.

Hi mreevesnv. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby mreevesnv » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 pm

I too, am having the same problem. Hours on the phone and online and still no resolution to this seemingly very widespread problem. What I don't understand is how can Straighttalk NOT fix this problem quickly and easily? What's wrong with an over-the-air patch? And no, dialing *22890 does not help. Instead of paying $649 just to get a phone with wi-fi, I would've been better off to just use my ipod.
mreevesnv

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Please check your Forum inbox for a private message, mreevesnv. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby mike13331 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi I took bought the straight talk iphone from Walmart and I cannot get the data to work. Can someone help me? I get the "unalble to active cellular...)
mike13331

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi mike13331. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby mike13331 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Kyle,
I cannot respond to you since I just joined. I just submitted a few posts so hopefully I can then respond to your pm. Is there any way I can respond another way to you. I would really like to get you the information you asked for so I can get my data working.
mike13331

Postby ST - Kyle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Please check if you are now able to reply to the private message that we sent you, mike13331. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby zackblack » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I can send any message, do I need more post? or just reply. the data problem still bugging me.
zackblack

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.