why does my phone have HOME E by my bar signal??

why does my phone have HOME E by my bar signal??

Postby mwalker79 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 am

hi there,

I recently moved my number from my LG straight talk phone to a (ATT) Iphone 4, was walked though the process of buying a SIM for the device.. it was activated and number transferred. able to make calls, get texts and emails, pictures through imessage have not tried it any other way to see if they come through. Phone does connect to the internet but is EXTREMELY SLOW!!! so slow that I basically time out and have to rely on wifi to get any updates. But was told after 24 hours that the "HOME E" in the upper left corner would change over to 3G or 4G, but it still has not done this. I have restarted the phone several times to see if this will fix the issue if there is one, but don't know if something is still not right with the settings on the phone, or if I have a bad SIM. Because I don't want to just rely on wifi.. I want my phone to work on its own net if need be to be able to get updates.

thank you! :|
mwalker79

Re: why does my phone have HOME E by my bar signal??

Postby Shelly_ST » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 am

Hi, mwalker79. Sorry that you're having a problem. My name is StraightTalk Shelly and I will try to help you. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue further. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby mwalker79 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 am

I would be more than happy to, but you guys have a post requirement that I have seemed not to have meet.. and soon as I can I will send you any information you might need to fix this issue so that I can enjoy my phone and let you work with someone else that might have an issue..

thank you!
mwalker79

Postby mwalker79 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 am

And just to clarify my wifi is set up through a wireless router using a Verizon wireless card for internet since I do not have internet in my area.. so I do know that I can get 3G coverage using Verizon towers.. My husband also has one of your new Iphone 5's and gets 3G just fine in the same area and house.
mwalker79

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 am

Good day mwalker79! Your posts have been approved. Please check if your private messaging feature has been enabled. Thanks.
Jhonally_ST

Postby mwalker79 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 am

I also have another issue that I don't know if you will help me with.. I was able to receive a video from a fellow Iphone and play it.. but when I tried to send one back it gets about half way through sending and won't send the video.. is that because I can't as in the phone just won't do it, or is that an issue because my internet access is so slow that it can't send it??

thank you.. and I you can help me.. if not I will be going back to my old phone that know works.. I just hate to give up my Iphone 4
mwalker79

Postby Shelly_ST » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 am

mwalker79, sending videos would require good network connection.
Shelly_ST

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.