Can't Stream Netflix

Can't Stream Netflix

Postby KristenNoel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm

I just switched to Straight Talk today and purchased the ZTE Merit at the suggestion of a friend. I downloaded the Netflix app. I can sign on and the icons for shows/movies will load, but I cannot get any of them to play. I can't even use the search button! It just lets me scroll the page but I cannot click anything. I am connected to my own personal wifi at home while attempting to stream, and my internet is working just fine (I'm posting from it now). Not a great start with Straight Talk. Why is this happening? Any ideas?
KristenNoel

Re: Can't Stream Netflix

Postby Shelly_ST » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 am

Hi, KristenNoel. My name is StraightTalk Shelly and I will be addressing your question. The Netflix app is a third party application and is not supported by Straight Talk service. It may or may not work with the phone depending on the restrictions set by the application vendor or owner. You may try to uninstall then re-install the app to fix the problem. Thank you for being our customer.
Shelly_ST

Re: Can't Stream Netflix

Postby JoePalmer94 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 am

This problem wouldn't have anything to do with Straight Talk. It still wouldn't even if you weren't connected to WiFi. I would advise calling customer support for your phone or Netflix tech support. This is a software related issue which only Netflix and the manufacturer of your phone would be able to help you with. Good luck!

ZTE USA customer service number and info:
Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)

Netflix Customer Service phone numer and info:
Business Hours: Open 24/7
Call Us: 1-866-579-7172
Striaght Talk consists of:
AT&T & T-Mobile: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, 21 HSPA+, 42 DC-HSPA+ (T-Mobile ONLY)
Verizon and Sprint: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1x, CDMA2000 1xEVDO Rel. 0 and Rev. A
JoePalmer94

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.