ATT iPhone 4 NOT Supported

ATT iPhone 4 NOT Supported

Postby storitelr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 am

Even Apple has no idea how to access the APN settings on the ATT iphone 4 phones. None of the options are working. I really wish Straight talk would help me fix this, since they said my phone would work and now it isn't. I have a phone that can make calls only. No data unless there is WIFI.

Has anyone gotten their ATT iphone 4 to work with 3G. if so how did you do it.

unlockit.co.nz didn't work
iapnupdate.straighttalk.com didn't work

what else is there?
storitelr

Re: ATT iPhone 4 NOT Supported

Postby Avatar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 am

Apple tech people were pretty clueless when I tried them the first couple of times. It took 4 calls to find one guy who searched and searched for an answer. You need to download the iPhone Configuration Utility, version 3.6 is the latest one I have found, in order to setup the APN info to get access to the data server. Just search for it and you'll find the link.

Postby RCisCertified » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:02 am

this is frustrating me as well
RCisCertified

Postby Jude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 am

Hi RCisCertified . My name is Straight Talk Jude. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Jude

Postby storitelr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am

Jude wrote:Hi RCisCertified . My name is Straight Talk Jude. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.

so wait do i not get help??? I was on your CS line till 12:30 this morning trying to get this to work. what do I do.
storitelr

Postby Avatar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 pm

I keep trying to give people that answer on how to do this but my posts haven't been cleared by the mods for posting since last night yet...

Also, for some reason my phone is now able to access the data server again after not being able to for about 12+ hours yesterday. Very strange that was but I'm happy again! :)

Postby redduc » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Avatar wrote:I keep trying to give people that answer on how to do this but my posts haven't been cleared by the mods for posting since last night yet...

Also, for some reason my phone is now able to access the data server again after not being able to for about 12+ hours yesterday. Very strange that was but I'm happy again! :)

I'm having the same issue. About to try the iPhone configurator, but if you want to PM me at: trinity303 at gmail dot com with the fix, that would be fantastic! Thanks.
redduc

Postby Debbie_ST » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:22 am

Hi redduc. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby Debbie_ST » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 am

Hi storitelr. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby riot04862 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 am

Having a similar issue, data used to work fine, now it cuts out on my drive to work and only comes back after restoring the phone through itunes.

I've tried the Apple Configuration Utility as well as editing plists in iBackupBot, both unlockit.nz and iapnupdate.straighttalk.com.
riot04862

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.