No 3G on HTC One V

No 3G on HTC One V

Postby carelesswhisker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 am

Hi,

I've just bought a Straight Talk (At&t) Sim to use with my unlocked Htc One V. Entered the APN settings that came with the SIM and restarted. I'm only getting Edge network and I live in a very strong coverage area. Can anyone help?

These are the APN settings I'm using:
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Thanks.
carelesswhisker

Re: No 3G on HTC One V

Postby carelesswhisker » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 am

Last rep I spoke with at ST said they'd fix this by disconnecting and reconnecting me from the tower. I'm still stuck on edge. I was getting 3G solid on at&t just last week before I switched. Is everyone experiencing this issue or just me?
carelesswhisker

Postby ST - Larry » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 am

Hi carelesswhisker. My name is Straight Talk Larry. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Postby archiepp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm

I have yet to recieve 3g on my phone. I have the mytouch 4g, and am on att towers. I don't think straight talk has 4g yet, but I know they have 3g.
archiepp
archiepp

Postby ST - Larry » Fri May 09, 2014 8:45 am

Hi archiepp. My name is Straight Talk Larry. 3G and 4G services are available if the tower in the area has the capability and the phone has the capability as well. Not all areas support 3G or 4G but if you move from area to area, you can expect the type of service to change based on what is available in the area. Thanks.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.