Data Issues

Data Issues

Postby JBDragon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 am

I've been on Straight Talk now for just over a month. I'm using a iphone 4, it's unlocked, just not jailbroken. I followed the instructions to get MMS and Data working and all. The problem is it's flaky! Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't! Most of the time I'm on Wifi. I try to stream a little music and I get Data failed issues. Try to browse the Web, the same. Sometimes I can ask it to try again a bunch of times and it starts working again, only to later fail! It's driving me nuts. I didn't have these problems with AT&T. I followed the directions here:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/ ... alk_iPhone

For the Non-Jailbroken iphone. Why it works one minute, but not the next?!?!?! I havn't even used much Data as like I've said I'm on Wifi most of the time. :?
JBDragon

Re: Data Issues

Postby ST - Janice » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi JBDragon. My name is StraightTalk Janice. Sorry that you are having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly through a private message. Please make 5 duplicate posts so you can respond to my private message. Thank you.
ST - Janice

Postby xnett » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 am

I'm going to post on every. one of these. forums until my data is restored seems I'm not alone in this problem...

I have solvef my daya issue.after some online research its now working better than ever..thanks to everyone for listening to my rant lol...i was a little upset at the time i wrote my previous postings...:)
Last edited by xnett on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnett

Postby Anne_ST » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 am

Hi xnett. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby 17combo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Post x of y to the 4th.

I must have posted this in the wrong place earlier but....This morning my cellular data is not working again for the 3rd time in the past two months. I'm not a heavy data user, I have a monitor app installed and I'm sitting at 154MB since my last refill. What's going on at ST? The only thing more irritating than slow data is NO data. ST was great for about the 1st 3 months when I switched but recurring issues now. Hopefully reposting gets my post count up.
17combo

Postby Charisse » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi 17combo. My name is Straight Talk Charisse. We're sorry for the trouble. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby Rjkbj » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:49 pm

I am having the same issues. Very slow data speeds on the iPhone 4S. It used to be great, but not I'm not sure I can recommend ST to others without feeling embarrassed by its performance.
Have there been any solutions to this issue?
Rjkbj

Postby ryanJburgoyne » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:09 pm

I am having the same issue with Straight Talk. I brought over 3 iPhones. (2 iPhone's 4 and 1 iPhone 4S). The data work great the first month, but after about a month that data became very, very flaky on all 3 phones. All 3 are unlocked by AT&T. I guess the old saying goes, Buyer Beware. I've called Straight Talk a half of dozen times, each time they walk me through the same thing. They check my settings (which are always correct). After that doesn't work, they tell me that their are service issues in my area. I am now going on 3 months of "service issues in my area" with the data.

I'm about to give up! After doing a search on the web, there seems to be issue with the "bring your own phone" plan. From reading all the posts, it seems that AT&T wants to limit how many phones Straight Talk can add. AT&T doesn't turn off the data on to the straight talk phones, instead they allow the data to be flaky enough, you will never have consistent data service. As I came from AT&T, I know it's not my phones or the service in my area. I never had an issue with AT&T until I switched to Straight Talk. Seems like Straight Talk forgot to tell their customers this. If all you need is Voice and SMS Texting, this plan is great but if you need data even a little, I wouldn't go with Straight Talk.

If anyone at Straight Talk is reading this and cares to keep 3 accounts, please call me at 208.201.5769 I'm planning on leaving by Sept 4th if I don't hear from someone who can actually help me. Going through my settings on my phone for the 12th time is not going to help.
ryanJburgoyne

Postby Jhonally_ST » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:52 am

Hi ryanJburgoyne. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby Marie11 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I am having the same issues and its become unbearable.

I have been on straight talk for over 5 months now and after making a sizable investment acquiring a compatible iPhone 4 that will work with the straight talk service i am extremely upset to have to deal with these issues.

Until recently the service would go out intermittently a few times a day but since my recent monthly renewal i have been left without data service 99% of the time.

I have tried every work around possible... And after verifying my apn settings dozens of times and attempting all 3 methods of activating data on the iPhone; I now realize it is the service provider. (And not user-error)

Has anybody found a solution to get data working again?

Any help or info is much appreciated.
Marie11

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.