Samsung Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby bg_livelaughluv » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi,
I currently have Straight Talk with my Samsung Galaxy S II phone and everything works just fine. I was wondering if I decided to switch phones and get a Samsung Galaxy Note would it work? I have seen posts from other people about having trouble with getting the internet and messages to work. I don't want to buy this phone and it not work so I was just seeing if anyone knew anything about it..Thanks!
bg_livelaughluv

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby Charisse » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am

Hi bg_livelaughluv. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. As long as the phone is an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone, then it should work. To view more about the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, you can visit this site www.straighttalkSIM.com or we can assist you here directly. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby bg_livelaughluv » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Ok Thanks Charisse - I have seen mixed reviews about the Samsung Galaxy Note working. Some say it works great, but others say they have trouble getting the data and internet to work? I like Straight Talk and would want to continue having it, just want to make sure this phone would work for it. Thanks again.
bg_livelaughluv

Postby sayrah » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 pm

If you are like the rest of the posters on this forum, you will have problems with data speed and internet connection. It seems that information on APN setup is a closely held secret. Or ST just waits until you complain about speed before they help you. I really don't think they want us using our smart phones for anything other than calls and a few texts.
yes, I'm still using my Palm Pre 2
sayrah

Postby Anne_ST » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 am

Hi sayrah. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.