Using Verizon AND Straight Talk, Number Transfer?

Using Verizon AND Straight Talk, Number Transfer?

Postby rwoerth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:27 am

Hello. I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for around 7 years now. About a month ago, I picked up a Straight Talk phone (Samsung Galaxy Proclaim) off of ebay, and went ahead and set it up with it's own independent number. I wanted to try out the service to see if it would work well for me -- especially knowing it uses Verizon towers.

My 2 year contract with my "newest" verizon phone is up at the end of the month. I want to transfer the phone number from that phone to my new Straight Talk phone, and get rid of the number that I'm currently using on Straight Talk. Am I able to do that?

My Verizon phone's contract is up approximately August 28th (I think)
My 30 day Straight Talk card is up on August 20th.

Can I do it, and what is the best approach I should take, and how should I do it, as I've NEVER transferred a phone number before?

Thanks
rwoerth

Re: Using Verizon AND Straight Talk, Number Transfer?

Postby rwoerth » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Well my ST phone gets disconnected tonight. Guess I will have to figure it out on my own. Thanks guys...
rwoerth

Re: Using Verizon AND Straight Talk, Number Transfer?

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 am

Good day rwoerth! My name is StraightTalk Jhonally and I will be addressing your question. Yes, you can port/transfer your existing Verizon number to StraightTalk as long as the number is active. The port/transfer process may take from a few hours or up to two business days to complete. In addition, since you've mentioned that your current service with StraightTalk will be up today (August 20, 2012), you will need to purchase a new $45 Service Plan. Hope this answers your query. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.