ZTE Data Card

ZTE Data Card

Postby aerinndis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:42 am

I know someone posted something about the ZTE data cards, but it was dealt with in private messages, so I'll have to ask again. Sorry. I just got the ZTE Merit, and it keeps claiming there isn't enough room to download apps, wallpapers, or ringtones. However, according to the stats on the phone (whatever the technical name), there is plenty of memory. It has a 16g SD card that the phone won't access. According to the box and paperwork, the phone will support up to 32g. It recognizes the card, and it's mostly empty (with 14g and some change left). Sooooooooo..... why isn't there any room? Why can't I download apps, wallpapers, and ringtones? Is there something that needs to be done to format the card? Is it an issue with the phone? I've read some reviews that mention the constant closing of the apps (which happens several times an hour) and am wondering if there are bugs in the phone that can't be fixed.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks.
aerinndis

Re: ZTE Data Card

Postby Charisse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 am

Hi aerinndis. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. If I may ask, did you setup your phone to memory card storage (all pictures/videos taken, downloaded music, wallpaper, apps, etc. will be save automatically to the external memory/memory card)? How much phone memory left? Have you tried to insert a different microSD card lesser than the one you currently have (ei; 2GB or 4GB)? Thanks.
Charisse

Postby HarryNutz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 am

I know one problems is that there is only like 200MB of internal memory on the Merit. I own the Merit as of right which just came the other day, but Im looking at spending the extra $50 to get the Proclaim, because it has 1GB of internal memory and the processor speed is 1GHz (compared to the Merits 600MHz). Issue comes down to the fact that a LOT of apps, widgets etc etc either cannot be installed/run from and SD card and also a lot developers just don't take the time to program their apps and stuff to be installed/run from the SD card.

There are a few apps out there that you can try, which will tell you what if any current apps can be moved to the SD card. If check out Google Play and search "App 2 SD" you can at least see if you might be able to free up some internal memory, but as I stated previously... it really boils down to that your going to run into this issue quite frequently with a lot of the SmartPhones that don't have enough pre-installed internal memory.
HarryNutz

Postby aerinndis » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks Henry. I'll check that out. I'm seriously considering just getting another phone, possibly from another company. This is ridiculous (and I'm not one to normally complain). It wouldn't be so bad if I could clear off some of the stuff I won't use. It'd be much better if these things weren't stuck there. Thanks again.
aerinndis

Postby Sondra » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 pm

I think it's a bit of false advertising -- your right your forced to keep so much of the factory installed stuff on the phone that there isn't much room for anything else--extra memory on the SD card does no good. Be really careful with the extra apps you install -- make sure they can be moved to the SD card. Clear the "data" from the apps you don't use and "uninstall the updates" and set it so it doesn't do automatic updates for those apps. I've found that saves just a little bit of memory. Geerrr I guess that's what we get for buying a cheaper phone.
Sondra

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.