byop

byop

Postby grahamc1965 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:11 pm

I have a samsung exhibit 2 with a straighttalk tmobile compatible sim card .
My phone shows 4G service most of the time . Pretty sure its not really 4G , but the only other service it will show is E (edge).
This phone is 3G capable , so will i get 3G coverage with the tmobile compatible sim , or will it only give me edge service .
Speeds are 2678 kbps download and 2120 kbps upload when it shows 4G. Am i stuck with tmobiles lame service plan with this sim , their prepaid does not allow 3G service , only 4G or E service .
Is their a coverage map that will show me the coverage area or do i use tmobiles coverage maps ?
grahamc1965

Re: byop

Postby Jennifer_ST » Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi grahamc1965. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby iRaj » Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 am

I dont think you will ever see 3g even if you have tmobile service or straight talk tmobile. The reason for this is that their 4g is a souped up version of 3g. So whenever you get 3g+ you will see 4g and its really 3g but boosted. Otherwise it will only show edge. Thats what happened to me on tmobile monthly4g plan and straight talks tmobile plan. So your phone is working properly.
iRaj

Postby grahamc1965 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:44 pm

That figure . Just another set of lies told by straighttalk to get your money from you . I was assured by a st Manager that i would get 3g and that it would show 3g . I also paid them $14.95 to fedex my sim overnight , and they refused to overnight it and refused to refund my $14.95
Was told by the same Manager that i would be credited 10 extra days on my account, and of course they say now that they cannot do that . Lets see what they say when my lawyer contacts them for fraud and theft . And yeah, i do have all my documentation and correspondence as well as credit card statements , and billing and shipping statements .
Funny thing, fedex overnight took 7 days .
grahamc1965

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.