Can't make or receive calls

Can't make or receive calls

Postby GaryT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 am

I ported my existing phone number yesterday and my old phone no longer works. However the new one does not work either. The Straight Talk website doesn't indicate anything is wrong and no longer says the porting process is pending. I have no ability to contact customer service via a phone now. What do I need to do to get my new phone working?
GaryT

Re: Can't make or receive calls

Postby Elle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 am

Hi GaryT. My name is StraightTalk Elle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Elle

Postby GaryT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:26 pm

I haven't received anything via my email and I don't know if i even have a private message service on my computer. When should I expect you to try and contact me?
GaryT

Postby Elle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:20 pm

GaryT, I have sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox and reply through it.
Elle

Postby justmedlc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Why is everything taken off line? Most forums show all the information so it can help everyone having the same problems. I can't even activate my phone and have no idea what to do from here. I just purchased my phone last night, charged it up, and tried to activate it this morning, but it didn't work! DLC :?
justmedlc

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi justmedlc. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Some issues are taken offline since there are information that cannot be posted for security purposes. I will help you with the activation. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby rainsaturday » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:19 pm

I used your online store to "purchase" your LG 620G refurbished phone and purchased the $45 plan, I received the LG yesterday, followed instructions et all...... since activating the phone and service......Well, I really haven't had much service......it reads NO SERVICE and displays for EMERGENCY ONLY and NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE.......Yes, I have been on the phone with tech support, we went thru all the firedrills, protocols and etc......

Here's the thing.......I was told that it would take 3-5 business days to receive the replacement phone......WHY CAN'T IT BE OVERNIGHTED.....? I am disabled and live in a very rural area, a friend came over to check on me (she couldn't reach me on my cell) and I borrowed her phone to call tech support. I know that the LG was free with the $45/mo plan purchase, is this the best your customer service can do? 3-5 days? Deeply disappointed.
rainsaturday

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 am

Hi rainsaturday. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. We are very sorry but that is the replacement procedure that we follow. Where you given already a ticket number for the replacement phone?
Stephanie_ST

Postby caut8751 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 pm

I am new to this forum, since I bought my first Straight Talk phone today. I purchased a Samsun Galaxy Proclaim. I spent the entire afternoon trying to get this phone activated. I can't help but appreciate 2 employees at Walmart in Oxford, Mississippi for there efforts. We were on the phone with at least 5 representatives from Straight Talk and no one ever resolved my problem. We called numerous times and went through the activation procedure. Every time we were told my account was sucessfully activated. I was then instructed it could take up to 15 minutes for the service to start. We also had a previous phone number transferred to this Smart Talk phone. It is currently 8 hours since my first confirmation that my phone was successfully activated. Now, I cannot make or receive a call and my old phone has been deactivated. I was told to give it another 2-3 hrs. to see if my service has been activated. I told the girls at Walmart, I would wait until tomorrow to decide what I should do. Does anyone have any suggestions on this fix and what is going on. I was told there may be a problem with the transfer of my old number.

Thanks

Doug
caut8751

Postby ST - Jany » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:33 am

Hi caut8751. My name is Straight Talk Jany. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Jany

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.